two mavericks?

Started by GusRobin, January 10, 2010, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

I am using a maverick et73, one probe for the meat and one for the smoker. If I want to track the IT of multiple meats, does anyone know if I use two mavericks will they interfere with each other? On the second one if I buy another meat probe can I use 2 meat probes instead of 1 meat and one smoker?
thanks
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

There have been reports that two of the same model will interfere with each other. I have both the ET-73 and ET-7, and they don't interfere with each other. That is probably the combination you would get.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KevinG

I've got the same setup as Habs and haven't had a problem either.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

GusRobin

Anyone come up with a good way to pemanently mount the Maverick probes? By this I mean instead of running the wires through the vent or the door, drill a hole in the smoke box. The problem I see is that the hole will have to be big enough to fit the probe which will result in there being too much space when only the wire is running through it.

Quarlow

You know that is a good question Gus. I want to know if I cut the wires and put some kind of plug in connectors to allow me to plug and unplug the probe would the connectors change the resistance of the probe wire and give me the wrong readings?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.