Made an exhaust hood for the smoker

Started by OU812, December 01, 2009, 03:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Quote from: hal4uk on December 02, 2009, 07:09:24 PM
Cuffs????

You mean when they slam your face on the hood and pull your wrists up together?
Like up near the back side of your neck? 
Where you didn't think they could bend to?
Kinda pulling your arm joints "outta socket"?
Just to imply that you need to grow up?
And do your drinking at home?
And NOT require any more impromptu meetings with them?

Sounds like a bummer, guys.
Glad I'm not you.
Awrighten.

Sounds like you've been there before

OU812

Quote from: oakville smoker on December 02, 2009, 04:23:14 AM
Can you make one for me?
This would solve all my problems, even the ones I dont have yet !

I still have the cardboard templates if you want them.

OU812

Quote from: Huntnfreak on December 02, 2009, 07:26:20 PM
That looks great!!  I'm wondering if the exhaust hood eliminates the smell from the garage as well?  I have an indoor grill in my kitchen(it was state of the art 30 years ago when the kitchen was remodeled in my house). ;D  Anyway, I've been contemplating setting my bradley under the exhaust hood on top of the grill.  If the exhaust fan doesn't eliminate almost all of the smell, I will be sleeping in the garage with the bradley.  I love the smell, but the wife isn't as crazy about it as I am. 

Thanks, I have been smoking in the shed all summer with just the door opened and the shed is well seasoned with smoke so I cant tell if ALL the smoke is going out but I cant see any in there with the doors shut and the fan running.
I would give it a try, setting your Bradley under the hood of your kitchen grill, just to see if it would work. Maybe when the Mrs. is out shoping or something, that way after you do your test you can through a steak on the grill to cover up the smoke if it dont work. Go for it brother.

OU812

Quote from: smokeitall on December 02, 2009, 08:06:44 PM
That must have been a lot of fun to build OU.  Nice looking setup, it should keep you a little warmer while smokin this winter.
SIA

It was fun to build, the wife said it was about time I did this, Taby just shook her head and I have to show everyone that stops by my work of art.

Yes it will keep me ALLOT warmer this winter cause now that I dont have to have the door open to smoke I can turn the heat on and camp out there.

squirtthecat

Quote from: OU812 on December 03, 2009, 07:17:31 AM
Yes it will keep me ALLOT warmer this winter cause now that I dont have to have the door open to smoke I can turn the heat on and camp out there.

Man Cave!

Now you just need a laptop and high speed internet out there to keep up on the forum chit-chat..  :D

KevinG

Quote from: squirtthecat on December 03, 2009, 07:19:11 AM

Man Cave!

Now you just need a laptop and high speed internet out there to keep up on the forum chit-chat..  :D

Don't forget a well stocked fridge and a lazyboy! Heck maybe even throw in a TV.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

OU812

Man Cave!

Now you just need a laptop and high speed internet out there to keep up on the forum chit-chat..  :D

I would love that but they wanted an arm and a leg for high speed internet out here, I would have to get it through the dish I get my TV from. I kinda live in the middle of nowhere. I have been getting some fliers in the mail lately saying that I can get satellite internet cheep but they dont say how cheep, might have to look in to it some day.

OU812

Quote from: KevinG on December 03, 2009, 07:21:27 AM

Man Cave!

Now you just need a laptop and high speed internet out there to keep up on the forum chit-chat..  :D

Don't forget a well stocked fridge and a lazyboy! Heck maybe even throw in a TV.

I do have a love seat and rocker out there, the well stocked fridge is to my left in the garage or to my right in the man cave in the house. Thinking of getting a small collage type fridge for the shed.

squirtthecat

Quote from: OU812 on December 03, 2009, 07:27:00 AM
I would love that but they wanted an arm and a leg for high speed internet out here, I would have to get it through the dish I get my TV from. I kinda live in the middle of nowhere. I have been getting some fliers in the mail lately saying that I can get satellite internet cheep but they dont say how cheep, might have to look in to it some day.

I would highly recommend NOT using the DirecTV satellite based internet.  I had a friend who used it and it was expensive and awful.

You might be able to use something like a Verizon or AT&T cellular feed for internet.  It's not as fast as a dish/DSL/cable modem, but it's 10x faster than dialup.    We have a lady in our subdivision who uses the Verizon gear for hers and is quite happy with it.   She's on the road a lot, and it works pretty much wherever she is.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: OU812 on December 01, 2009, 04:25:26 PM
Quote from: Quarlow on December 01, 2009, 04:16:57 PM
You must have a metal break? Very nice job OU.

Nope, no break, just a couple 2" x 4" a couple C clamps and some elbow grease.

Now, I'm even more impressed with your work.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

OU812

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on December 10, 2009, 02:58:56 AM
Quote from: OU812 on December 01, 2009, 04:25:26 PM
Quote from: Quarlow on December 01, 2009, 04:16:57 PM
You must have a metal break? Very nice job OU.

Nope, no break, just a couple 2" x 4" a couple C clamps and some elbow grease.

Now, I'm even more impressed with your work.

Thanks Habs.

The hood works great, I even amazed my self on how well it went together.

OU812

Did a couple more smokes this weekend and with the out door temp in the low teens I turned the heater on in the shed sat morn to warm things up to 50 F then shut it off, the temp by sun night was still around 35 F in the shed. I did a batch of summer sausage sat and a batch of snack sticks sun. All went without any problems, no condensation dripping back on the smoker from the hood and no ice sickles hanging out side on the vent. I was kinda wandering how things would fair from when I shut things off late sat night, which was 0 F with freezing drizzle, if they would freeze up by sun morning but sun when I fired things up every thing worked perfect.

So far so good.

OU812

I was cleaning the picts out of my phone and seen I forgot the pict of the exhaust vent. Just thought I'd throw this in here, the fan is on and the smoke is just starting to roll.

Thats all the higher I need the fan running to remove all the smoke, with the fan running wide open the vent is straight out.

Oh ya found a pict of something I did in my buddys shop with his plasma cutter, just had some extra time on my hands wile we were waiting for some suppiles to finish up some bail feeders we were making,

seemore

hal4uk

PLASMA CUTTER!
Now there's something Nepas ain't got!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby