Pork Butt Dilema !!

Started by dbrown1, October 16, 2009, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ronbeaux on November 30, 2009, 03:17:37 PM
I'll swap you some boston butts for halibut. ;D
I get it for .89 here in double pack that average 15 to 17lbs.

Buy it all!!!

That just sucks in every way shape and form. I live right here in the middle of Hog country and I can't get it that cheap. Only on rare occasions and usually when I don't have the money to buy a bunch.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 01, 2009, 06:44:40 AM
Quote from: ronbeaux on November 30, 2009, 03:17:37 PM
I'll swap you some boston butts for halibut. ;D
I get it for .89 here in double pack that average 15 to 17lbs.

Buy it all!!!

That just sucks in every way shape and form. I live right here in the middle of Hog country and I can't get it that cheap. Only on rare occasions and usually when I don't have the money to buy a bunch.

I'm a little west of 10.5 and cant get butts that cheep eather

KyNola

Over here in KY land, I can regularly buy butts for 89 cents per pound.  Seems like various groceries here are always putting them on sale at that price.

KyNola

MAK DADDY

Might look for a restaurant distributor that sells to the public. We have one in Salem that I buy butts from for around 99/lb and brisket for 1.15 regularly.
WWW.MAKGRILLS.COM
NOW YOU'RE SMOKIN'

ArnieM

Quote from: MAK DADDY on December 01, 2009, 08:58:54 PM
Might look for a restaurant distributor that sells to the public. We have one in Salem that I buy butts from for around 99/lb and brisket for 1.15 regularly.

Oh boy, gimme some of that 1.15 brisket.  That's an idea though.  I'll have to look around my area.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

deb415611

Quote from: ArnieM on December 01, 2009, 09:36:03 PM
Quote from: MAK DADDY on December 01, 2009, 08:58:54 PM

Oh boy, gimme some of that 1.15 brisket.  That's an idea though.  I'll have to look around my area.

Arnie,  If you find a deal that good and want to split a case let me know.  There's a place in either Waterbury/Naugatuck that I haven't checked but understand they will sell to the public by the case.  I think they are in South Waterbury but maybe the company name starts with Naugatuck Valley?