Other hobbies that may involve smoking

Started by _Bear_, December 02, 2009, 12:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal4uk

That is a NICE rig!

Bear & Quarlow...
Here's a TRUE "trucking funny"...

(a few years ago)
My old man was running team with a guy named Billy.  They were heading from Music City to somewhere past Kansas City to pick up a load of blue jeans.  Billy was sacked out in the sleeper and my dad was driving.  It was cold out.  Like real cold.  He pulled off at exit 41 on I-64 ("Okawville") for some coffee.  Did that, and kept on truckin'...  Somewhere near KC, he pulled into a weigh station, and they called him on the radio - told him to take the outer lane - uh oh - can't be good...  They asked him a bunch of questions, and finally asked if he was alone - he said no -  his partner, Billy, was in the sleeper... they said, "Are you SURE?"...

That crazy bird got out at Okawville - didn't leave a jacket on the seat or anything to say, "hey, I got out" - and get this - he got out to go get some ice cream - in subzero weather...  Anyhow, dad did a lot of driving on that trip...  can't imagine what the logbook looked like.  Picked up Billy on the flip-flop.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KevinG

Holy cow, 9.2 seconds is awesome, you would've smoked me. Best time I could pull was in the 15's. Of course I didn't alcohol inject, just running plain ole premium with a carb.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Quarlow

Heh thats just what a guy needs in the winter. Heres one for ya. I once and I do meanonce went had a young guy run to Yellowknife with me as per the companys request. As we loaded in the yard in langley 3 times I had to shut the door cause this doughhead left it open and 3 times I told him to keep the door shut. We stopped in kamloops for fuel and a bite and after he fueled the truck and parked it, I said to check the tires cause I thought one looked low. He gets out of the truck grabs the tire gauge and goes to check the tires. Yup he left the door open. This early January so it's damn cold out. When he gets back I chatted with him about the merits of leaving the door open and he said it wouldn't happen again. I thought good I got threw to him. That night we stopped in Prince George for dinner and when he gets out and do a walk around he actually shuts the door. Long story shortened somewhat, we get to Yellowknife and deliver our load and then head over to a truck stop for food. We are sitting with someother drivers I know and chattin up a storm trying to get warm cause it was - 35f out. Well the kid decides he's heard enough so he says he is going to check out the truck and to get ready for the trip back. Well not 10 minutes later the kid comes back into the restuarant with the strangest look on his face. As soon as I see him I know what he has done. He went into the cab to get the tire knocker and yup he left the door open. The truck parked beside us with a load of pipe goes to back up so he can make the swing out of the parking spot and completely destroys the door on our truck. I mean not even recognizable. We couldn't even tie the thing back in place. So I looked at the kid and said "hey it's ok cause we can get a new one no problem oh by the way have you ever been really cold before cause the closest door is in Edmonton". to be continued.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Quarlow

And we had to be there. I jumped in the sleeper with all the blankets and the 12 volt blanket and that is where I stayed all the way to Edmonton and the kid frozen his lugnuts off with just some plastic taped over the door. I just pulled my head under the covers and had the best sleep of along time. When we stopped for something to eat had frost all around the hood of his parka cause he had to driver with every stitch of warm gear he had. I wish I had a camera. Needless to say he never left the door open again.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.