Wife asked for Pulled Pork....so

Started by smokeitall, December 06, 2009, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeitall

I immediately jumped on the opportunity.  ;D  Using Jan's Rub, went in the smoker at 8pm tonight.  Hopefully they will be done in time for a midnight snack tomorrow night. 

Butt 1

Butt2

Just starting its 4 hour Hickory journey.

SIA

squirtthecat

I really really need to get that 12 rack upgrade, just to have the flexibility of moving shelves around like you have there!

You've got an older Maverick.  Which model is that?  I just trashed the probe on mine, and I can't find what model it is...  It's not the same probe as the ET-73.

smokeitall

I love the 12 racks, not sure if I will use them all at the same time or not but yeah level adjustment is nice.  Not sure if you can see it in the pic or not but I have the probe mounted underneath the top pork butt (it comes in from the back).

I believe I have the ET-72 instead of the 73.  I purchased it around last Christmas time.

SIA

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: squirtthecat on December 06, 2009, 06:41:29 PM

I really really need to get that 12 rack upgrade, just to have the flexibility of moving shelves around like you have there!

You've got an older Maverick.  Which model is that?  I just trashed the probe on mine, and I can't find what model it is...  It's not the same probe as the ET-73.

Just order it STC. It's a great kit that's easy to install and you will love it. Make sure to get some extra racks and hi temp screens  for that jerky you planning to make!
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

I love smokin Bst Butts in the Bradley and love seeing how everyone else does theirs.

It's always an adventure when you smoke a butt on the Bradley!

I too want the rack upgrade for the flexibility of shelf placement more than the jerky smoking (ok that too)

Can't wait to see the progress.

smokeitall

I would post pics but the damn things are still in the smoker.  Been the longest butts I have ever smoked...at about 27 1/2 hours so far.
SIA

Tenpoint5

Wow, Some tough ol Butt's huh!! they just don't wanna give in. Bet they is gonna taste great though
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

_Bear_

In the 3rd picture, is that a fan I see mounted in the back of your smoker?? I am assuming this is something you did on your own?
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

classicrockgriller

Bear, here is a link to his web page they are offered forsale as an air mover for drying jerky.

http://www.smokeandstuff.com/

SIA, did you and HES buy your butts at the same store. He recently fought one too.

smokeitall

Bought mine from Sams, usually they are really good from there.
SIA

smokeitall

Damn I just checked it again and 10 degrees left to go.  I guess these are getting FTC'd till morning.
SIA

classicrockgriller

deb415611

Quote from: squirtthecat on December 06, 2009, 06:41:29 PM

STC,

The maverick in SIA's pic looks like mine.  I have an ET-7 

smokeitall

Deb is right its an ET-7, not sure where I got the 72 from.

squirtthecat

Quote from: smokeitall on December 08, 2009, 06:15:59 AM
Deb is right its an ET-7, not sure where I got the 72 from.

Thanks guys.   That's what my old beater is as well.  I've had it for years and been through 3 probes with it. (the last one was short lived due to a stupid mistake)

Ordering more now..