Wife asked for Pulled Pork....so

Started by smokeitall, December 06, 2009, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeitall

Ok here are the finished pics.  It turned out great even though I took it out at a lower temp than usual (183).  I FTC'd it before bed and got up early and pulled it.

Little Butt

Big Butt

squirtthecat

Looks good Scott!  What was the total cooking time?

smokeitall

They were in the OBS for the whole cook (moved inside the garage after the first 4 hours of Hickory) for a grand total of 29 hours. 
SIA

OU812

Man 29 hr, thats one hell of a fight and still only an IT of 183 F sure looks good though.

I knew you would kick them butts. :D

KyNola

SIA,
29 hours, WOW!  That beat my personal record of 25 hours and I was using the house oven after the smoke period.  Sometimes you just get those butts that take longer to reach your desired IT than others. 

Great job.

KyNola

ArnieM

Nice looking butts SIA.  Sounds like they could have gone 32 hours, possibly a record in the OBS  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

SIA, way to hang it there. Sometimes it gets hard not to "up" the temp when things are slow reaching desired IT.

Looks GREAT ! Glad you got some sleep also. I always feel like if my Gabi is working, I should be watching.

HawkeyeSmokes

Great job Scott! 29 hours is a long time, my last one took 27 hours and I thought I had it bad.  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

You two guys (SIA & HES) fought some stubborn butts, but I do that everyday.....coming honey.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 08, 2009, 06:11:36 PM
You two guys (SIA & HES) fought some stubborn butts, but I do that everyday.....coming honey.

So how many hours do have in that?  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

ArnieM

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on December 08, 2009, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 08, 2009, 06:11:36 PM

So how many hours do have in that?  :D

Just multiply years married X 365 X 24 and then add in a few days for leap years.  ;D ;D  I'm sure CRG has one tough butt.  ;)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller