Homemade Sausage Bags

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 06, 2009, 07:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

So i was searching the net for cloth sausage bags like the Amish use.

And HEY

I can make my own. UH HUH

Here are my first 2 bags. I took the measurements off a 1 1/2lb chub collagen case. They are cotton muslim. Gotta rinse em off now. Yeah my handy dandy hand held singer  :D

nepas

KyNola

Are you $hitting me?! You make your own sausage bags?

I'm speechless.

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on December 06, 2009, 07:42:51 PM
Are you $hitting me?! You make your own sausage bags?

I'm speechless.

KyNola

:D  :D

I wouldnt $hit you.

Your my fav Turd  ;D  :D

nepas

KyNola

marauder11

Never thought of using cloth bags before. I think i have seen them on sausage at the butcher shop. Great idea. Post pics when you use them.

Hopefull Romantic

Nepas Man you are the one who is handy.

Again when I grow up, I want to be just like you.
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Quarlow

He is definitly a man of many faces. Today he builds a smoke houseand tonight he makes sausage bags. Ok now I have to ask cause there is obviously things in this world I have never seen, what are sausage bags for. I can only guess you stuff it with meat and smoke right through it, or have I got that wrong.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Hopefull Romantic

NO Q I think you got that right. If memory serves me right there was an earlier post about the Amish sasauge, or a mention thereof.

HR

Quarlow

My god I need to get out more often.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

I think nepas is one of a kind.

Quarlow

He is definitely "heavenly blessed and worldly wise" and he ain't a peeping tom turkey with x-ray eyes.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Hopefull Romantic

CRG what would you want him to do with windows? Smoke them?

Quarlow

He probably could and make it taste good too.

OBS
BBQ

oakville smoker

Nepas

Looks like some good sewing skills there
I have a couple pairs of pants that need hemmed.
If I send them today,when would they be ready ?  LOL
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?