Placement in the smoker for taste?

Started by Huntnfreak, December 07, 2009, 09:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

could always write it down 1 toothpick is this and two toothpicks is that. Beings your just starting out in this venture I would Highly sujest getting a small notebook and writing down the nifo for each of your smokes so you can recreate the same thing again or know what not to do the next time. I have been doing this for some time now and I still jot notes in a small note book when I am trying a new recipe or a change on an old recipe.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Yep, take notes, helps when you make the next batch of what ever, take notes of the finished product also that you can decide if it needs anything wile its still fresh in your mind. The tooth pick thing, 1 for this, 2 for that and 3 for the other thing works great when you are doing many flavors of the same thing.

Ka Honu

Quote from: Huntnfreak on December 09, 2009, 06:02:46 PMMaybe I will have to label mine.

Good idea.  I have a magnifying glass; anyone know where I can get a really tiny pen?

Huntnfreak

I've been taking notes about each smoke I do.  It has already proved to be very helpful.  I've been documenting everything I can think of from start to finish.  Times, type of meat, weight of meat, brines, rubs, outdoor temps, oven temps, internal temps, you name it I've been writing it down.  I have one notebook I'm using to document each smoke and another designated strictly for receipes.  They are both growing rapidly!  I really want to get out and smoke something, but it's about -10*F.  It's time to figure out a way to smoke inside!!

OU812

Quote from: Huntnfreak on December 10, 2009, 05:18:13 PM
I've been taking notes about each smoke I do.  It has already proved to be very helpful.  I've been documenting everything I can think of from start to finish.  Times, type of meat, weight of meat, brines, rubs, outdoor temps, oven temps, internal temps, you name it I've been writing it down.  I have one notebook I'm using to document each smoke and another designated strictly for receipes.  They are both growing rapidly!  I really want to get out and smoke something, but it's about -10*F.  It's time to figure out a way to smoke inside!!

There you go, I hated to take notes in school but now when I try some thing new I make sure to take good notes. When Taby wanted some spicy teriyaki jerky I stood back and let her use my recipe and add some heat to it, I did that part, she took notes. Man she has perfect hand righting.