pork ribs in the bradly

Started by dbondy, December 08, 2009, 10:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbondy

I pulled out 2 nice slabs of ribs for the bradly. I pulled the membrain off the seasoned both sides with Valeries all purpose spice( its for a local rib and chicken joint) and some paprika and some barbecue chicken seasoning. I used to make my own rubs, but we seem to realy like this combo. Some times I even add some brown sugar. I, ll put them in the bradly for 1 hour at 220-250 then turn the SG for two hours of apple with the vent ¾ open the full time. Its cold out so I hope to be able to maintain atleast a temp of 220 for about 5 to 6 hours. After I turn the SG off I,ll spray the ribs ever hour with a half apple cider and half apple juice mixture just to keep them moist. When the ribs are done on the bradly I,ll put the on the BBQ just to carmalize some Valeries sauce on them. :D

pic of the ribs before I removed the membrain

all seasoned and ready for the bradly, will post more pics when done.

classicrockgriller

db, sounds like a nice combo of flavors. looking forward to end results.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 08, 2009, 10:58:21 AM
db, sounds like a nice combo of flavors. looking forward to end results.

I second that.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KevinG

can't wait - gimmie gimmie gimmie
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

dbondy

Thanks guys, still have a couple of more hours to go but will keep you posted. ;D ;D

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Pachanga

Sounds like a beautiful friendship of flavors to me.  Let's see a final photo and actual cooking time if it is not too much trouble.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

dbondy

Got some more eye candy, not done yet maby another 1.5 hours in the brady then to the bbq for some sauce. Smells good.  ;D ;D

oakville smoker

Keep er going
Patience is required...   I ordered some last week and the damn stuff still sint here yet !
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

Couldn't tell from the pic but they look like they are starting to pull back.

I like how you angled the ribs and placed the big part in the back.

dbondy

Hi  oakvillesmoker, I think patience is required. Some times things with bradly take time, not just smoking but the stuff we order to smoke. Ive done sausage twice now from kits and have one more kit to use. Sofar so good, but next time I,m going old school. The problem here in canada is that we have to order everything and it takes time. I,ve got a order ready for the sausage maker, but haven,t placed it yet. Maybe tomorow. :)
I saw your post earlier about your order looks like a lot of fun on the way. Can,t wait to see some off the pics. :D

dbondy

Hi CRG the ribs were starting to pull back, not much though but it is still early. A few more spays with the apple juice and it will be ready to finish on the BBQ. ::)

dbondy

Just finished with supper, I did manage to get a few more pics before the family ate then all. They were fall off the bone and very good.

on the grill and ready for sauce

off the grill all sauced up and ready to cut

the hands are picking away, barely had time to get a pic. ;D ;D

Tenpoint5

MMMMMMMMMMM RRRRRIIIIBBBBBSSSSSS!!!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!