OK, what is a brisket and what method for first time smoker??

Started by _Bear_, December 07, 2009, 09:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Bear, sounds like you made a new friend and a Bradley one at that. Congrats.

Looking forward to see some great things out of that tenderloin.

squirtthecat

westexasmoker

Your gonna love that tenderloin, just keep an eye on the IT!  We want pics!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

_Bear_

Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

classicrockgriller

How rare do you want it and are you going to just wrap in foil for a short time or full boat FTC?

ArnieM

I like rare to medium-rare.  I'd probably pull it at 130, cover in foil and let it rest for 20 minutes or so.  It ain't brisket  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

westexasmoker

Quote from: ArnieM on December 08, 2009, 05:00:35 PM
I like rare to medium-rare.  I'd probably pull it at 130, cover in foil and let it rest for 20 minutes or so.  It ain't brisket  ;D

Arnie nailed it!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Huntnfreak

Has anybody seen the "new, not as good as the original" Gone in 60 Seconds?  It is the one with Nicholas Cage.  In the movie there is a tall thin guy who never speaks throughout the movie until the last seen.  In the last scene he speaks very eloquently and profoundly.  Everybody stops to listen and are amazed.  That guy is now the mental picture I have of Caneyscud!  I tried to find an author in Amazon.com by the name of Caneyscud, but nothing showed up.  Too bad for Amazon because I would have been an easy sell.  I'm also going to head to the butcher shop in the morning.......

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Huntnfreak on December 08, 2009, 05:46:04 PM
Has anybody seen the "new, not as good as the original" Gone in 60 Seconds?  It is the one with Nicholas Cage.  In the movie there is a tall thin guy who never speaks throughout the movie until the last seen.  In the last scene he speaks very eloquently and profoundly.  Everybody stops to listen and are amazed.  That guy is now the mental picture I have of Caneyscud!  I tried to find an author in Amazon.com by the name of Caneyscud, but nothing showed up.  Too bad for Amazon because I would have been an easy sell.  I'm also going to head to the butcher shop in the morning.......

There is no such thing in Caney's book as a short answer and we at the forum are all better because of that.

I love to read his post. Look at the pumpkins he carved and the frickin water color paintings.

I would love to eat some of his BarBQue and if it wasn't the best I had ever eaten he would make me believe
it was by the time he got thru tellin me about it.

Tenpoint5

The way Caney writes as well as Pachanga I am going to have to hit them up for some knowledge spots in the Newsletter.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 08, 2009, 06:02:12 PM
The way Caney writes as well as Pachanga I am going to have to hit them up for some knowledge spots in the Newsletter.

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 08, 2009, 06:09:41 PM
The newsletter would have to be E X P A N D E D. ;D

Chris, we'll have to talk P-D-F again!