Was Iron Chef V, now is "Turkey Leftovers"..

Started by squirtthecat, December 08, 2009, 07:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Since this ICB never got off the ground, let's start a thread for Caribou, ronbeaux and myself to share what we tried to put together for ICB V...

(bring on the tryptophan, cheesy nonsense and the trash talk!)

classicrockgriller

ronbeaux

I'll go first for the hammering.

The breast of a well cooked turkey

Some stale corn tortillas

The mis in place

Fry the tortillas cut in quarters until they look like this

Apply stuff that includes turkey(My part had jalapenos)

Bake at 400 until perfect

Then make some that Momma likes
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

classicrockgriller

awesome ron. you need to move closer to Texas.

squirtthecat

Damn, that was fast...   I need a few minutes to compose my masterpiece.  ::)

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ronbeaux

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

ron, how's wife feeling? ( while we wait for squirt)

ronbeaux

She is taking some kind of big azz pill that seems to make everything not that important anymore.  Seriously, this is day two and it is always the worst. But it is better than the first two she had this year. We are both just happy that the Doc was able to get the job done and she will be back to normal. Got the campground booked for the new year and she will be ready! Did you ever stop and think about everything that weighs more than 5 lbs around your house????? She can't pick that stuff up for 4 weeks! I'm screwed.

classicrockgriller

hell, you'll be happy to do it for her so you can do the cook offs. ;D

squirtthecat

Ok, here we go..

The original challenge said 'left over turkey', so I took that to the extreme.

I smoked about 10 pounds of turkey breast, and used some turkey bacon in a different dish. = LEFT OVER

Wandering through the store, they had a cooler with a few clearance items in it... 
Turkey Italian sausage, and Hillshire Farms Turkey 'little smokies'.   = LEFT OVER

The main dish will be turkey wrapped asparagus spears, wrapped in turkey bacon, served over yellow rice.

I'll say up front right now that EVERYTHING was cooked outside.  Turkey, bacon, rice, etc.  The whole shebang.

Prep was done inside for sanitary reasons..

Asparagus, trimmed/peeled:

T Italian sausage,wrapped in T bacon:

Crap picture, but this is the sauce for the asparagus:  Mayo w/ olive oil, spicy mustard and tarragon.

Outside on my work station, T bacon wrapped Italian sausage, and T bacon wrapped lil' smokies:

The workhorse:

At work..

Now, at this point, I wanted to do the rice outside in some kind of traditional Cajun manner. 
After a few friendly PMs between ronbeaux and myself, we came up with a "Yankee Cajun Microwave".

Using Google Translate, this is the best I could come up with. (lots of WHO DAT and WHO DER static later)

Vent WIDE OPEN for this one, folks!

Lil' smokies are on..

Sauce is warming up...

Ok, I came to the realization that Ron was full of S!

Asparagus wraps, 1, 2, 3...

Rice is done..

Asparagus bundle is done..

Plated up!

ronbeaux

Yep. She is the taste tester. She can pick out a single spec of black pepper in a bowl of gumbo. Come on squirt, I'm getting sleepy.

ronbeaux

A rice cooker?? Where in the heck in all dem who dat's and who der's did you ever get the idear of using a rice cooker. Martha Stewart? Rachal Ray? Richard Simmons? I said ball de rice, not nuke it in some new fangled machine plugged in!!

Otherwise it looked pretty darn good. :P

classicrockgriller