Was Iron Chef V, now is "Turkey Leftovers"..

Started by squirtthecat, December 08, 2009, 07:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

OK, the multi-dudes have spoken and it is a tie,

But,

we need a rematch.

new rules .... you pic a recipe and giv it to ron and vice versa. ;D

Ka Honu

classicrockgriller

deb415611

Nice food guys!!!

Quote from: squirtthecat on December 08, 2009, 09:47:13 PM
Quote from: Ka Honu on December 08, 2009, 09:31:31 PM
That's a rice cooker? 

That's a starch/bean/veggie (almost everything) cooker.   :D

That's an awesome tool.

STC - ever make risotto in it?  If you don't have them look at Lorna Sass's cookbooks

Pachanga

Squirt,

The photo of the rice cooker in the Bradley with the "vent wide open" is one of the best I have seen.  And the commentary is priceless.  Great post.  I don't think Ron is the only one full of excrement.  And then Ka Honu, with his usual one line sharp wit, comes up with "Puckin' A".

Ron,

After laughing my way through this thread and seeing how you can indeed cook rice in the Bradley, I thought about your barbeque competition.  If you want to smoke in the Bradley at a competition, just stuff the Bradley in a big smoker and challenge them to disqualify you.  Stick some smoldering newspaper in the big smoker for effect.  Al Gore might give you an award for smoking green with recycled paper.  You could end up with a Nobel or Oscar before it is all over.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

squirtthecat

Quote from: deb415611 on December 09, 2009, 03:36:12 AM
STC - ever make risotto in it?  If you don't have them look at Lorna Sass's cookbooks

Not yet. 

I've got her 'Pressure Perfect' book on my desk as we speak..   Bought it, and forgot I had it until a few days ago!

Caribou

Guys those look awesome!
I will get my pics posted soon, I still have to upload them to Photobucket.
Carolyn

seemore

Here is the first my two leftover dishes:

1.  Turkey Pot Pie

I gathered the following ingredients:

Pie crusts
2 C leftover turkey
1/4 C frozen peas, thawed
1/4 C carrots, diced
1/4 C onion, chopped
2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
Leftover turkey gravy

Saute the carrots and onion.  Zap the potatoes in the microwave for about two minutes to soften.
Combine the turkey, vegies and peas in the gravy, mix.
Line pie pan with first crust, pour in filling.  Top with second crust.  Make holes for steam to escape.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

Quarlow

That looks bloody awful, not I love meat pies and that one is bigger than you get from the stores so it has to be 10 times better, never mind that their is a master at the cooker. Nice Seemore!
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

seemore

Here is my second leftover turkey dish:

2.  Mushroom & turkey lo mein

Ingredients:

One package Ramen noodles
3 cups leftover smoked, deep-fried turkey
1/2 C each mushrooms, sugar snap peas
Chili sauce

Smoke the mushrooms & the snap peas for about one hour at 225 degrees

Heat wok with oil.  Break up ramen noodles into pieces.  Once oil is hot, saute noodles.

Remove noodles from wok.  Add snap peas and mushrooms.  Cook for one minute.  Then add turkey.  Continue to cook for one minute
In the meantime, mix ramen soup seasonings with 2 C water, add two heaping tablespoons of corn starch.
Make a "ring" in the wok by pushing the meat and vegetables up on the sides of the wok.  Pour liquid in the center of the wok and bring to a boil.  Add Ramen noodles back in to the wok.

Stir together and add 1/4 C of the chili sauce.  Cover and let simmer for one minute.
Serve immediately:

I thought the smoked sugar peas were awesome in this dish, but the mushrooms were way too overpowering.
Mrs.

seemore

Thanks, Q.
I don't have much imagination, though.  The two I submitted are basically mainstays with the leftover turkey.
I was looking at all the other entrees, and man they look awesome.  Nachos are always a HIT, and those asparagus/bacon/turkey wraps are the BOMB!
June

ronbeaux

OK. Just because you were lagging behind on timing, don't mean you don't get heckled. Store bought pie crust???????

I freaking love pot pies!!!!!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Quarlow

Never mind them look at you go with a second dish that looks just as yummy as the first. Man I'd pay money for either of those dishes. Nice work!
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ronbeaux

That's no fare. You posted a second favorite of mine while I was typing.

Yumm!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.