3 Tbs ground mustard
1 Tbs ground celery
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground corriander
1 tsp garlic powder
4.5 Tbs powdered dextrose
2 cups soy protein concentrate
2 cups ice water
2 tsp Instacure #1 (DQ Curing salt #1, Prague Powder #1, pink salt)
4 Tbs salt

Grind meat through 3/16' grinder plate. Mix ingredients and distribute evenly, add water as you go. Bologna is usually stuffed into 8" diameter casings but 3.5", 5" or any size that is handy will work too. Hang at room temperature until casings are dry. PLace in preheated smoker at 165 degrees. until internal temp reaches 150 degrees. Remove and cool in a water bath until internal temp is brought down to around 90 degrees. This type of bologna is usually not smoked. If you like a more store bought look, be sure to emulsify the meat while grinding.

On the bagged bologna i did i used all beef.

nepas

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

BigJohnT

What kind of casings do you use for bologna?

John

Tenpoint5

Anything from 2.5 x 20 up to 8 x 24 I suggest using the smaller summer sausage casings for this one Big John
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BigJohnT

I didn't ask the whole question lol

Does is matter if you use Collagen, Fibrous or Natural Casings? Is there a preferred one?

Thanks
John

Tenpoint5

I would suggest the fibrous casings or the make your  own like nepas did.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!