Whitetail's Belly Bacon Pics

Started by whitetailfan, March 15, 2005, 04:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

Posted under SHR's thread that I was curing some bacon a couple of weeks back or so.  I finally had the time to download the pics and then make small copies to try thumbnails.  Here goes nothing:[;)]

This is the bacon getting dried before smoking

This is slicing

This is weighing for freezing, I put it half pound packages.

Three hours of maple - so tasty[:p][:p][:p]

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

simmy

Looks great WTF!!! I bet it tastes great too.[:p][:p][:p]

Steve

MallardWacker

White you got me HOT with those pics.[:p][:p][:p]  I accually went down Saturday to the meat market to see if they have any belly.  When I asked for it they looked at me like was weird(like more weird than I am already)they said they would get some for me.  Man got to try belly this time around.  Did you just use the Butcher-Packer cure or did you add anything to it....Again the Pavlov's bell has rung...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

Nice looking bacon,
Also nice job on the clickable images!

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

Lookin' good[:D].  Like MW what, how , how long etc. with the cure.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Chez Bubba

WTF,

That's some good lookin' stuff. You guys have convinced me that I'm gonna have to give it a go one of these days.

BTW, in pic #3, is that a sweet potato behind the slicer?! Is that part of your secret recipe somehow?[:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />Did you just use the Butcher-Packer cure or did you add anything to it<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Straight Butcher-Packer Maple Cure as per the weights on your "stickied" Bacon thread[:p]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i> Lookin' good. Like MW what, how , how long etc. with the cure.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Maple Cure for 8 days.  I do not think there was any penetration problem in that amount of time, cured right through.  No other additives (maple syrup or jalepeno - just bacon for my first try, I might get fancier later)  Did about 45min to 1hr with no smoke at about 150ish and then rolled the smoke and cranked up the temp per instructions on the main MW Bacon re-cap.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i> WTF,

That's some good lookin' stuff. You guys have convinced me that I'm gonna have to give it a go one of these days.

BTW, in pic #3, is that a sweet potato behind the slicer?! Is that part of your secret recipe somehow?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thank You, and I have no idea what that thing is LOL[:D]  It could be a sweet potato, my 1 yr old eats all kinds of veggies I dont try

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.