Zone Alarm Pro 5 Blocking Thumbnail Images

Started by Habanero Smoker, March 16, 2005, 11:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

For those who have are having difficulty viewing thumbnail pictures on this site, and you have Zone Alarm Pro 5 as your firewall, this program may be causing the problem. Zone Alarm Pro 5 treats the thumbnails as a Banner/Skyscrapper Ad.

To fix this problem, open Zone Alarm Pro 5 and go to the <b>Privacy </b>section. Click on the <b>Site List </b>tab and make sure that the Bradley site is listed. If it is not, you will need to add that site to the list. You can add the site by clicking on the <b>ADD </b>button located at the bottom right corner. A box will open asking for the <b>URL</b>; type in the Bradley web site address "http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/" without the quotation marks. Click <b>OK</b>.

Once the site is added, you must select it; do so by clicking once on the name "http://www.bradleysmoker.com" which now should be listed. If it is not, repeat the above step. After clicking on the site name, it should be highlighted. Once the site name is highlighted, click on the <b>OPTIONS </b>button, which is also located at the bottom right corner. Another window will open.

Select the <b>COOKIES </b>tab and make sure the <u><font color="green">Disable Web Bogs</font id="green"></u> box is clear. If there is a check mark there, click on it to clear it. Next click on the <b>AD BLOCKING </b>tab. Make sure that the <u><font color="green">Banner/Skyscrapper Ad</font id="green"></u> box is clear.

Finally click on <b>APPLY</b>; then <b>OK</b>. You can now close Zone Alarm, and you should be able to view the thumbnail pictures on this site. If this does not work, you may have to do some adjusting of your browser settings.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

car54

I have had problems using Zone Alarm. There was one site that I often visited and the only way to get to the site was to completely deactivate Zone Alarm.I got rid of it and now I am using a hardware router as a firewall which does not use up your system resources.

Habanero Smoker

Car54
You did not say which version you had or if it was the free program or the Pro. The first few versions of 5, would really eat up your system resources. They now have that problem corrected. If you have the Pro version it gives you greater flexibility. Pro will allow you to add the site you were having problems with to your site list. You would then have full access without disabling the firewall.

Zone Alarm Pro, at times, does get a little aggressive in blocking access to parts of a site (and in your case an entire site), but once you learn the program, there is usually a quick fix by adjusting a few settings.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)