Baby Back rib bread

Started by ronbeaux, December 12, 2009, 12:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronbeaux

The Mrs made me quit making this back in 2007. Something about calories?? It is made with left over bbq, this time it was ribs.

First you make the dough:

1 cup h2o
3 cups bread flour
1/4 cup corn meal
2 tbl evoo
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbl honey
1 pkg yeast

I knead by hand but a bread machine works better and faster. I tried using the food processor but when the dough ball formed it was all I could do to catch it before it tore itself to pieces. Let the bread rise for an hour then roll it out in a flat rectangle. Cut all the meat from the bones and pulse in a food processor. Then spread an even layer onto the rolled out bread. Then roll it up and seal the edges and place in a bread pan to rise again.

Like this

It will look like this in a couple of hours

Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes or until it looks like this

Then you have rib bread!

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

KevinG

Interesting, bread that don't need anything to make sandwiches with. What more could a lazy guy ask for! That stuffs for me.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Now that looks simply delicious 
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ronbeaux

You guys have to try this. The smell alone is worth the effort. I've used pulled pork, brisket, ribs, and sausage. As long as it is cooked it will work.

Roadking

ronbeaux

Quote from: Roadking on December 12, 2009, 12:50:08 PM
Quick rise or Active?

I normally use the rapid rise highly active stuff in the little packets.

standles

You think it would work with the addition of some cheese? 

ronbeaux

Absolutely. In fact it would also work mixing up some cheese into the dough. You just have to watch the rise times. It will take a little longer.

squirtthecat

ronbeaux

Now we're talking! Smoked cheese bread stuffed with left over bbq! And we can use smoked salt in the bread dough mix! Only way to get it more smokier would be to crank up the Primo to 400 and bake it in there!

To heck with the Mrs, I'm doing this again :P

seemore

That looks fantastic, Ronbeaux!!!  As it so happens, we have some leftover rib meat!!
Mrs

ronbeaux

I know it's rare to have left over rib meat, but after a comp if my groupie friends don't eat it all, I'm stuck with it and really burned out for bbq. It gets vacuumed and froze for later.

Keep the ideas coming for mods.

deb415611

Ron,

That is so perfect.  My sad college boy has been hiding in his room for two days writing papers and getting ready for finals.  He just came downstairs and said "I think I'm going to need some comfort food to take back to school with me tomorrow".   I was trying to figure out what to make besides chocolate chip cookies.  I think I have some pulled pork in the freezer.  I have smoked pepperjack in the fridge :D

Deb

deb415611

Ron -

Instant or active dry yeast?

Thanks,
Deb

ronbeaux

Active dry. Mine said highly active. Let it bloom before adding.