Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast

Started by oakville smoker, December 23, 2009, 03:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

I should figure out some fancy way to describe this because I think this might have been the best chicken I have ever eaten and I am not a fan of white meat

Free range, grain fed chicken
Imported from Kitchener Ontario.  Mennonite country
Brined in kosher salt, brown sugar, honey, garlic, black pepper
Wrapped in my own Bradley smoked side bacon
Smoked for 2 hours with alder
Brought to IT of 180 in Bradley.  Finsihed on the gasser  ( had to do it, damn cold outside and we were hungry )
Served with hand made ( by me ) angel hair pasta in a lemon butter sauce  ( also made by me )

Reviews:
Incredible
Oh my god !   ( I love it when she says that ! )

URL=http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/rickrick949/?action=view&current=HPIM0100.jpg][/URL]
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Not a big chicken fan either, but that does sound good. I like practicing on chicken becuase they are so cheap, and helps me try to find a way to eat them.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Basically, chicken breast doesn't taste like much of anything so you have to flavor it up somehow and keep it from drying out at the same time.

I'm sure your chicken, between the brine and bacon had to be good OS.  :D

I did stuffed breast a while back.  Cut a pocket, stuffed it with one Thai pepper and goat cheese and then wrapped it in bacon.  But the only component I 'made' (grew) was the pepper.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.