Clean-up

Started by Max, December 14, 2009, 08:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

I've read a bunch of posts so far with clean-up tips for the OBS, but have a couple questions:

Does anyone make or sell a disposable foil V-pan that I can buy and throw away after each use?

When glazing ribs, chicken, etc... any tips on preventing a big mess on the V-pan without inhibiting smoke/temp distribution?

Max

KyNola

Max,
Have never heard of a disposable V pan.  As for mess prevention, prior to putting the V-tray in and beginning the smoke/cook process, I spray the V-tray with cooking spray as you don't want to interfere with the heat/smoke distribution nor the ability for the drippings to drain into the water bowl.

KyNola

OU812

I put a disposable roasting pan the rack below what I'm cooking to catch the drippings. Just make sure the pan is about 1" smaller on all sides so the heat can get by. I clean my "V" pan with oven cleaner after each smoke.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: OU812 on December 14, 2009, 10:50:51 AM
I put a disposable roasting pan the rack below what I'm cooking to catch the drippings. Just make sure the pan is about 1" smaller on all sides so the heat can get by. I clean my "V" pan with oven cleaner after each smoke.

I conquere

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

KevinG

I've been doing the spray thing and it works real well. Wipe up instead of heavy scrubbing.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

drano

I don't use glaze/sauce, etc, but I do get burned on fat drippings.
I just soak them in hot water/soap in the sink for a while and scrub a bit with a brush, then throw in the dish washer.  No, the v tray is not perfectly clean, but it works.  Gotta leave some character on it. :)
My meat trays get the same treatment, but since they are chrome plated, they are always shinny clean when done.
get smokin
drano

JGW

I just soak the V tray, the racks and the bottom tray in soapy water for an hour or so.  Grab the scrub brush and it all comes off.  Every once in a while, I'll use a SOS pad or similar to get it really shiny.

Oh, I sometimes throw it all into the dishwasher after soaking...depends on the amount of adult beverages consumed.   ;)

classicrockgriller

A product I really like cleaning up gunky stuff is "Dawn Power Dissolver".

It has no smell like oven cleaner and does a great job.