5 # Tex Mex sticks

Started by Fair-chase, December 16, 2009, 05:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fair-chase

Well I mixed up 5 # of sticks last night usings Nepa's Tex Mex recipe with 80 % venison 20% butt. They turned out great. Anyone looking for a good stick recipe with a little heat, but not to hot should give this one a try. Thanks Nepa !

I have one Question though. When I process my venison I grind it through a 3/8 plate and then a 3/16 plate . I then grind Boston butt through a 3/16 plate. I then put 1# butt and 4# venison in gallon zip lock bags and freeze. When ever I'm ready to make sausage or sticks I just get what I need out of the freezer , thaw , mix, and stuff. This was the first time I used ECA. I mixed it with seasonings and the water then hand mixed into the meat. Is this alright or should I have not mixed the ECA with the water ?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Fair-chase on December 16, 2009, 05:52:40 PM
Well I mixed up 5 # of sticks last night usings Nepa's Tex Mex recipe with 80 % venison 20% butt. They turned out great. Anyone looking for a good stick recipe with a little heat, but not to hot should give this one a try. Thanks Nepa !

I have one Question though. When I process my venison I grind it through a 3/8 plate and then a 3/16 plate . I then grind Boston butt through a 3/16 plate. I then put 1# butt and 4# venison in gallon zip lock bags and freeze. When ever I'm ready to make sausage or sticks I just get what I need out of the freezer , thaw , mix, and stuff. This was the first time I used ECA. I mixed it with seasonings and the water then hand mixed into the meat. Is this alright or should I have not mixed the ECA with the water ?

All sounds good until the ECA mixed in the water? ECA is mixed in dry after the water/seasoning mix and mixed by hand. Never grind the ECA.

Fair-chase

I did not grind the ECA. I mixed it with the water and spices and mixed into the meat by hand, then stuffed.

classicrockgriller

I think you did right.

Where's the pics?

OU812

Are they done yet ?

Are they done yet ?

Are they done yet ?

Let us know how them sticks turn out.

I replace the dry milk with dry butter milk and that kinda gives it the twang the ECA is going to give you.