De-Boning A Whole Chicken so that it can be Stuffed

Started by classicrockgriller, December 18, 2009, 12:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I want to de-bone a Turkey Breast and stuff it for Christmas.

I needed something to practice on and wifie said not on her so I bought a cple of yard birds.

Figured if I could do one of them, I could do a Turkey.

Start with a whole chicken breast down.

With a sharp knife make a slice down the back bone.

Starting on one side angle your knife toward the rib cage and using small strokes just slice the meat away.

Continue down oneside till you reach the thigh joint. Feel around and find the joint and cut around the joint
with you knife and then just bend it and pop the bones free. Do the same with the bone at wing connection.

Do the other side the same way and slice down to the cartlidge but leave that intact for right now.

Once you have both sides down to the cartlidge, take your knife from the bottom of the cartlidge and cut it
loose from the chicken. Then grab a hold and pull the whole breast bone and cartlidge from the chicken in an
upward motion.

To remove the thigh bone, lay the chicken on it back and slice down the thigh bone and just cut away the
meat until you get to the leg joint and pop it off.

Do the other side

Now you have a finished bird that is ready for stuffing.

This was my first time to do this and the hardest part was washing my hands everytime I wanted to take a
picture. I took this of the first one I did and when I did the second one it took about 5 minutes.

WARNING ! I left the wish bone in cause we like to fight over them at the dinner table so you may want to
remove those. Either pull them out or cut them out.

If you want to try this and are worried about messing something up .... Don't worry, It's Dead!

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ronbeaux

Nicely done. I've done a few and it really makes for a good presentation after cooking.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

OU812

Well done my friend, well done.

You may take a bow now cause I'm givin you a standing ovation.

classicrockgriller

I watched a U Tube vedio after many adult beverages and was good to see the old brain still worked.

I was surprised how easy it really was.

ArnieM

You still have the wing and drumstick bones in there, right?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: ArnieM on December 19, 2009, 10:18:12 AM

Yes they are in there. The leg bone would be easy to remove, but the wing has that dble bone so I don't know about that.

ArnieM

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 19, 2009, 02:00:06 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on December 19, 2009, 10:18:12 AM

Yes they are in there. The leg bone would be easy to remove, but the wing has that dble bone so I don't know about that.

I'd agree on leaving the wings alone.  I've never seen de-boned wings anywhere.

For the drumstick, you want the drummy to stand up straight while you have a glass of whiskey in the other hand.  ;D ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.