Pork Loin Ribs Country style

Started by _Bear_, December 21, 2009, 04:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Bear_

Sobys had these Pork Loin Ribs Country style on sale today, they had 1 package left of the shelf 5 lbs for $12 so I could not resist (I have to quit going grocery shopping) So the question is how do I smoke these? Just rub them and smoke them like regular ribs or is there some magic??
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

ronbeaux

Country style ribs cook up just like spares only they are ugly. You can also cook them hot and fast like chops. I like them low and slow and bathed along the way until tender tender tender.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

seemore

try this very good. Awesome Country Ribs

(recipe good for 10 lbs of ribs or pork butt)

The Rub:

•   2 T McCormick Sweet Onion/Pepper Mix (we could not find this so we used McCormick Garlic/ Onion Mix
•   2 T Durkee Smokey Mesquite Mix
•   1T Lawry's Perfect Blend Seasoning Mix (we could not find this so we used Lawry's Seasoning Salt

The Glaze:

•   1 C Honey
•   2 Oz Whiskey
•   2 Oz garlic chili sauce (you will find this in the Oriental Foods Section or the Healthy Food Section at HyVee)
•   2 Oz Ketchup

1.  Combine the rub ingredients; rub onto meat.  Cook the meat on the grill for one hour.
2.  Combine the glaze ingredients.  After the meat has been on the grill for one hour, apply a layer of glaze.
3.  Cook the meat on the grill for 5 hours (at a minimum), applying a layer of glaze every hour.   

NOTE: If there is any glaze left over at the end of the cooking, combine it with some cider vinegar to make a drizzling sauce before serving.
seemore

Pachanga

I smoke mine like Ron suggests; low and slow.  This is a well marbled and fatty cut.  The low and slow will render a tender, moist, fall apart finished product with a nice fat residue.  You can get a good bark on these which is a condiment to the meat. 

Seemore has posted an interesting glaze that could still be used. 

Besides the obvious serving, these make great shredded tacos or burritos with all the fixings;  gaucamole, pico de gallo, jalapenos, salsa, cheese, grilled onions and bell peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, Crema de Mexicana and a cold brew.  Frijoles on the side.

And you got the last package.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

_Bear_

They went in at noon and it is 7*F and snowing outside. I rubbed them down in a brown sugar and spice rub and left them covered in the fridge overnight. I am smoking them at 220*, I will probably smoke for 3 hrs and then glaze evey couple of hrs for about 6 hrs total cooking time. Of course I will be doing all this between shoveling snow and resting LOL. Bah Humbug.
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

classicrockgriller

After the sun was up a few hours, I had to change into shorts and flip flops.

About noon I swam for a bit in the pond.

Sneaux? YUCK! 7*F YUCK YUCK !

_Bear_

You are a funny guy CRG, you are going to get a lump of something in  your stocking.............and it ain't gonna be coal  ;D. It is going down to -16*F tonight, that should make you YUCK YUCK even harder LOL
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

classicrockgriller

Well I do feel for you guys but no one cares when I'm sittin in 100 temps with 90% humity in the summer.

Then I have to BBQ in my thong and flip flops and it's not a pretty site. ROFLMAO

FLBentRider

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 22, 2009, 02:52:26 PM
Well I do feel for you guys but no one cares when I'm sittin in 100 temps with 90% humity in the summer.

Then I have to BBQ in my thong and flip flops and it's not a pretty site. ROFLMAO

No Pics please.

Sometimes it gets too hot in South Florida for a thong...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: FLBentRider on December 22, 2009, 02:56:37 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 22, 2009, 02:52:26 PM

Oh Yes ! Wait till the Summer.

No Pics please.

Sometimes it gets too hot in South Florida for a thong...

_Bear_

Just make sure you don't wear that thong backwards  :o
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

_Bear_

suddenly I am not hungrey any more and am feeling somewhat naushious  ???
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

FLBentRider

It's not like we talking g-strings or anything risque....

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

ronbeaux

OK. Thong pic thought was not pleasant. Saushious??? Would that be like barfing up bbq sauce?

I get the 100F with 95% humidity here and I've never considered wearing a thong. BUT, I do know that you should not light cheap lump charcoal with a MAPP torch naked. You'll burn your sausage.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

FLBentRider

Quote from: ronbeaux on December 22, 2009, 03:25:17 PM
I do know that you should not light cheap lump charcoal with a MAPP torch naked. You'll burn your sausage.

THAT sounds like the voice of experience!!

;D ;D

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!