Best Way to Pull Pork

Started by Andy, March 21, 2005, 03:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Ok...call me lazy...but If I do country style ribs...or a pork butt...I dont want to sit there all afternoon and tear it up...So I know they make commercial grinders...for the big restaraunts...but is there an easy method to do it without an expensive grinder.

Sunday...I had about 2 pounds of country style ribs...boneless left over...put them in the food processor for a rough grind and made some great BBQ nacho's.  I usually make nacho's with any left over meat...did it with the burnt ends of brisket..that was awesome...pulled pork nacho's rule as well...great low fat[:D]...snack for the games!!! But the food processor gives you to fine of a grind for sandwiches...but is great for quaso's or nacho's.

Whenever I have any left overs...they get ground and put in the freezor for nacho's or quaso's.  Just wish I could get a bigger chunk.

MallardWacker

Andy,

I may be missing something here and I know you are not crazy.  I can understand about the ribs, but my Butts literly fall apart and I have no problems with it being shredded in a very short order of things.  Do you want it very fine?

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Bassman

When shredding a pork butt I use Bear Claws. They work great and it don't take long.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

str1der

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bassman</i>
<br />When shredding a pork butt I use Bear Claws. They work great and it don't take long.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What are Bear Claws?

Andy

Mallard,

My butt falls appart pretty well too!!  But it still takes some work...DO you shread it with you hands?  And if so...do you where gloves so you dont burn your hands??

Chez Bubba

2 big forks and I can shred a properly cooked butt in about 3 minutes. Only time you might want to have a glove is when you have to pick up the bone. Properly cooked is the key, and as many as I've done, still only get it perfect about half the time.

The coup de gras is, & I have actually accomplished this a couple of times, when you can drop it about two feet onto the counter & it virtually shreds itself!

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MallardWacker

Andy,

I'm sorry for not doing the search for you but if you can find the old thread about "bear claws" I believe this would be the ticket to the answer your question.  These things look great just for that purpose.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Bassman

Strider,
sorry for the delay,
This link will give you an idea what they look like. The pair I have are plastic,bigger and have sharp claws on them. Work really good but like Kirk said, 2 large forks will do the same thing.
http://www.canadianmoose.com/bearclaws/

Jack