Stuck Puck Bad Luck

Started by AzJazz, December 24, 2009, 01:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzJazz

I have a digital Bradley that I have been using for a few years now. I noticed that there was a lot of build-up in the smoker, and pucks were starting to get stuck in the feed track. This turned out to be a result of not opening the top vent enough during smoking, and moisture built up inside of the smoker - along with a goo/crust that kept the pucks from moving along the feed track.

I brushed/scrubbed/brushed/scrubbed/cleaned things up, and the pucks can move smoothly along the feeder track now.

However, during my analysis, I found another problem that I need help on:

The puck feed mechanism at the bottom of the puck chute doesn't always cycle properly. About 2/3 of the time, the plate will move through its full travel from left => right. About 1/3 of the time, the plate will move partially to the left, get stuck, then move back to the right without dropping a puck into the feeder. I have tried taking apart the feeder and cleaning out the goo/crust, but that didn't seem to help.

Help! I can't smoke @ home, and I've resorted to going to Dave's BBQ!  :o

Thanks ...

Tenpoint5

Sounds like the sleeve might not be aligned right and the pucks might be hanging up. Give it a twist to make sure it is seated properly and give it another try.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

Reopen the generator and make sure that all the connections are tight. Sometimes during reassembling a wire or two may come unconnected.

You can browse through the link to see if any of the solutions may help you troubleshoot.

Bradley Smoker FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

AzJazz

Hi, guys - My wiring is OK. Everything lights up and works the same as it did before I cracked open the case. It sure looks like some sort of mechanical problem.

Habanero Smoker - I followed your link, and found this previous posting by you: How do I clean my generator? It looks like good advice, and I may not have caught everything on the first cleaning.

I'll give it a shot again, and let y'all know how it goes!

Cheers!

AzJazz