bisquettes not burning completely

Started by catfishrigpig, December 25, 2009, 04:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinG

I have no evidence to support this, but I suspect that moisture may be playing a role in how well the pucks burn. Some might have a higher moisture content due to humidity levels either during mfg, or where they are stored.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

catfishrigpig

I preheated oven to 200 degrees for an hour before advancing any pucks. I want to agree that burner isn't hot enough to burn pucks more thoroughly or they need a longer cycle on burner. Seems like a lot of waste versus cost of bisquettes.

MPTubbs

Sounds like a call to Bradley needs to take place.

No matter what's wrong they will make it right!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

catfishrigpig

Brian with Bradley emailed me to say he would send new smoke generator and to send old one back for testing. So far their service seems exceptional. Thanks for the input. A side note: friend of mine called Cabelas to order one and was told production was halted until Feb. Maybe some changes coming out?

Quarlow

Translation: Cabelas is selling them like hotcakes and can't keep them in the store. ;D ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

RAF128

Quote from: catfishrigpig on December 27, 2009, 09:13:52 AM
Brian with Bradley emailed me to say he would send new smoke generator and to send old one back for testing. So far their service seems exceptional. Thanks for the input. A side note: friend of mine called Cabelas to order one and was told production was halted until Feb. Maybe some changes coming out?

That's mighty generous of Bradley but it might get real expensive.    I'm sure there are lots of people having the same problem.