pens spicy snack sticks

Started by 4blade, December 29, 2009, 07:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I do 5 at a time. So going to increase the chip pwdr.

pensrock

Rick, The reason I asked if you were doing 5 or 10 pounds is because you posted earlier you were going to use 1-1/2 Tbls. of chip powder instead of tsp.

pfowl01

Pens,

I received my ingredients last night and I am going to stuff them this morning ;D I usually leave them sit in the fridge overnight to cure before smoking.....Can I add the ECA now and still do that or do you have to smoke right away?

pensrock

I mix everything except the ECA into the meat, then mix in the ECA. Then stuff. Allow to sit overnight. Then smoke.
One time I mixed everything then got lazy and waited till the next day to stuff. Stuffing was very difficult. So mix, stuff, rest, smoke.

pfowl01

pens,
Aaaahhhh OK.....I'll have to do that next time. Wasn't sure if the eca would adversely effect the sticks if I didn't smoke them right away....so I left it out this time. Gonna smoke them in the morning ;D

NePaSmoKer

The ECA is like little caplets, when the outer starts to dissolve it releases the CA. I have mixed and stuffed the next day with no problems. But it is easier to mix, stuff then fridge the sticks overnight.