cold smoked cheese

Started by Seahawk, December 29, 2009, 07:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watchdog56

I have done a couple of batches of cheese and just use the cardboard box with the dryer vent hose. Works great and a lot cheaper. I only smoke for 1 hour and everyone so far has said the cheese is real good.

watchdog56

forgot to add-don't forget to wrap and put in fridge for at least a week-longer the better.otherwise it will taste like an ash tray.

Buffe

Hey do as I do when I smoke spejpølser it is too cold smoking
Sign punch holes in the smoking oven in the side of the adapter and insert a large tray at the bottom of the furnace roof some fine sawdust and corpses in a horse shoe from the slope a capsule alcohol in one corner of the aunts so Krøger it all by itself so I do in Denmark if you wanted to know so much write anywhere on the Danish or translate it faithfully buffe

pensrock

Quote from: Buffe on December 31, 2009, 02:32:02 PM
Sign punch holes in the smoking oven in the side of the adapter and insert a large tray at the bottom of the furnace roof some fine sawdust and corpses in a horse shoe from the slope a capsule alcohol in one corner of the aunts so Krøger it all by itself so I do in Denmark if you wanted to know so much write anywhere on the Danish or translate it faithfully buffe

This kind of crap is really getting old.  >:(

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: pensrock on December 31, 2009, 04:33:57 PM
Quote from: Buffe on December 31, 2009, 02:32:02 PM

This kind of crap is really getting old.  >:(

Pens, I think this might be the person Olds posted a couple days ago. The person was Danish and I'm thing the translation just isn't coming across to well. In fact here's a link to the original post on the recipe site. http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=654
HawkeyeSmokes

tsquared

QuoteVelveeta is actually cheese?  I like it but always thought it was a petroleum byproduct.
Of course it's cheese, KH! They even made a movie about cold smoking it--Blue Velveeta!
T2

anderson5420

I smoked smoke sharp cheddar and some mozzarella yesterday, monitored the cabinet temp with the Ranco - it was just south of 100 degrees F from just the smoke generator.  Going to rig up a dryer vent hose dealiebob to a foam insulation board box for the next batch, although I did not see any ill effect from it going close to 100...

Seahawk, where in Washington?  I am in Fall City, 22 miles east of Seattle, and Birch Bay, just south of the Canadian border. Maybe we can compare notes one day.

Quote from: Ka Honu on December 29, 2009, 08:22:35 PM
I don't know how much heat the smoke generator puts out but I'd probably do a trial run to check the box temp with a tray of ice on the bottom rack.  I usually shoot for about 80o so if it's in that neighborhood you should be fine.

OBTW, Kevin, "clod smoker" has a legitimate meaning (although I agree that it was probably a typo in this instance).  I wouldn't mind trying to smoke a clod (beef shoulder) but I don't think I've seen them sold much outside of Texas.

So many recipes, so little time!