Assembly Issue- drip tray

Started by dreys50, February 23, 2010, 03:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreys50

Hello Everyone

I just got my OBS today and I was putting it together- my drip tray was rather warped and bent a bit out of shape. I was able to bend it to be a little bit better, but its still not that great. It hardly fits into the smoker- scratched up the sides already. There are no burrs or any imperfections on the edges, the tray its self is just sort of wonky.

It says to rest it on the brass plugs on the sides of the smoker, which I did, but it just doesnt seem right. Only the bottom point of the "V" sits on the uppermost brass plug, and it is rather unstable.

Anyone have any input?  

leftcoast smoker

the top brass plug is not used, the tray slides on the two lower ones

dreys50

Well I sure feel dumb  :-\, fits like a glove. Thanks!!

TTNuge

The tray sits on top of the front and back posts and slides under the middle post.

leftcoast smoker

it should fit snuggly, when you put it in you will go over the first plug tip the back of the tray up so it goes under the center plug, then tip back down to pass over the rear plug, kind of a weaving motion if ya know what I mean

leftcoast smoker

man my typing is getting slower  :)

OU812

Man you better get some more pictures of that shiny new smoker it aint goin to look like that for long.  ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on February 23, 2010, 03:51:29 PM
Man you better get some more pictures of that shiny new smoker it aint goin to look like that for long.  ;D
Yep and it will cover them little scratches right up like they aint even there. I honestly can't remember mine being that shiny
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

dreys50

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 23, 2010, 07:40:19 PM
Quote from: OU812 on February 23, 2010, 03:51:29 PM
Yep and it will cover them little scratches right up like they aint even there. I honestly can't remember mine being that shiny

Good to know, I plan on doing a couple butts this weekend, so it wont last long!