What to do with ground venison? I have about 50lbs of ground

Started by 1wired1, January 01, 2010, 04:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1wired1

venison and a hopefully a couple more deer on the way (not sure exactly how I'll have those butchered). I get it to feed to the dog, but I figured I should make myself something tasty too.

Thanks for any ideas

1w1

KevinG

Get some pork butt and make yourself some sausage. You don't even have to stuff it if you don't have the equipment. Or get some beef suet and make some burgers. Deer meat is excellent.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

TMB

Make Bacon wrapped deer burgers. freeze them after there wrapped and cook them as needed! Killer
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

NePaSmoKer

Just send it my way and I'll take care of that venison for ya  ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 01, 2010, 07:54:54 PM
Just send it my way and I'll take care of that venison for ya  ;D
Ditto on that. Thinking Bologna here
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Jerky!

Uh Oh, I think we're about to go all "Bubba Gump" on this too! :D

KyNola

1wired1

Quote from: TMB on January 01, 2010, 06:03:04 PM

Make Bacon wrapped deer burgers. freeze them after there wrapped and cook them as needed! Killer

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGH OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG i'm doing that

1wired1

Quote from: KyNola on January 02, 2010, 07:22:16 AM
Jerky!

Uh Oh, I think we're about to go all "Bubba Gump" on this too! :D

KyNola

What do I need to make jerky out of ground?

Roadking

KyNola

1w1,
First question about the ground venison for making jerky, is it 100% pure ground venison or is it mixed with any fat?

KyNola

1wired1

Quote from: KyNola on January 02, 2010, 04:00:57 PM
1w1,
First question about the ground venison for making jerky, is it 100% pure ground venison or is it mixed with any fat?

KyNola

Looks like it has some fat, I have no idea about the percentage. I originally got it to feed to the pup, but I think she will be fine sharing some with me.

KyNola

Check out the jerky making section of this forum.  Recently there have been many posts about making venison jerky.  I made some the other day and I really liked it.  You'll see that many use a dehydrator but you can make it in your Bradley just fine.  You have to be a little more attentive with the Bradley but that's OK! ;)

KyNola

ScottND

Quote from: 1wired1 on January 01, 2010, 04:46:07 PM
venison and a hopefully a couple more deer on the way (not sure exactly how I'll have those butchered). I get it to feed to the dog, but I figured I should make myself something tasty too.

Thanks for any ideas

1w1

Check this out... http://www.spicenslice.com/index.php ... Mix the spice in the meat, roll it in to a salami shaped stick and cook a couple hours. It's easy and tastes great!!