Brand New BTIS1 Has wrong motor.

Started by wireddd, January 03, 2010, 02:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wireddd

Got mine as a Christmas gift this year, and went to set it up today, and it wasn't advancing the pucks. I figured there must be something lose inside or some such, and so I opened the smoke generator up and started poking around with a multimeter before I discovered that instead of a 120v motor like it is supposed to have, mine had a 240v motor. It will spin if I push it to get it started, but as soon as I release the advance button and the arm hits the switch to stop it, it won't start up again without a push. There isn't anything wrong with it otherwise. The motor does this even with nothing connected to the shaft. Is it possible to get Bradley to ship me the correct motor, or am I going to have to send the whole thing back?

Mr Walleye

Hi Wireddd and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your problem but you won't have any problem with Bradley sending a replacement. Just give them a call on Monday and they will fix ya up.

Bradley does make a European version and it sounds like you got a hybrid so to speak (wrong motor installed).

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

wireddd

Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 03, 2010, 02:35:06 PMBradley does make a European version and it sounds like you got a hybrid so to speak (wrong motor installed).
Yeah, that is what I figured when I saw it was a 240v motor. Someone must have just grabbed a motor out of the wrong bin or something when they were assembling it.

Mr Walleye

Here's a picure compliments of Brian from Bradley. On the motor you can clearly see "120 volts".

Give him a shout and they will fix ya up.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: wireddd on January 03, 2010, 02:45:04 PM
Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 03, 2010, 02:35:06 PMBradley does make a European version and it sounds like you got a hybrid so to speak (wrong motor installed).
Yeah, that is what I figured when I saw it was a 240v motor. Someone must have just grabbed a motor out of the wrong bin or something when they were assembling it.

Hi Wireddd

Sorry to hear you may have the wrong motor installed in your smoker as Mike has stated we do make a 240V model and mistakes can happen
Is it possible to send me a picture of your motor along with the plug on the end of the wires
Also the serial number of your smoker so I can trace this back to the factory

Please give me a call on Monday @ 1-800-665-4188 I will get you fixed up.

Brian

Paddlinpaul

Now that is service. Hopefully I never need it but sure is nice to know it is there if needed.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!