Plug and play Auber controller

Started by love the smoke, December 23, 2009, 11:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love the smoke

i have been working with Auber inst on my temp  and shut off problem of my current OBS set up seems my thermister or thermocouple is not the correct style therefore it is to slow.......................

I was thiking about doing a somewhat of a facelift to the OBS anyway so here is my situation

can/does the plug and play bypass the slider switch on the OBS?

I am also going to remove my finned heater and replace with original heater and do the heater upgrade that takes another original heater for two heater upgrade. will the plug and play handle the extra voltage draw of a second heater ?

LTS
LTS

Mat_M

Hi there. I have the exact same setup. The Auber does not bypass the slider by default, however, I am in the same boat as you, and will probably do some modifications so that the Auber is the only controller for the heating element (most likely will wait until the warranty is expired).

For your 2nd question: The plug & play is pre-programmed for a single heating element. However, Auber includes instructions on how to re-define the parameters of the PID. In terms of the power loading through the Auber, it's spec'd higher than what is required, even for 2 heating elements. I'm looking in my Auber manual right now, and max current is 12A. At 110V, that'll put you at ~1300W. Just to be on the safe side, you can email Auber and see what they say.

JT-MO

Sorry to hear you guys are having issues with it shutting off. I got a new OBS and so far the auber and OBS work great together, although I have never taken it over 220.

GusRobin

I am in the process of waiting for parts to do the added element mod. I emaiiled Auber and they said the pid can handle the OBS with 2 elements. Probably have to re-tune.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

starship

I am running the plug and play PID from Auber and two elements. No problems what so ever.  Make a nice combination.
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html