Thermometer Calibration

Started by jaeger, March 24, 2005, 04:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeger

former quote -
 <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">BBQ GURU Calibration Check and Adjustment
Procedure 7.1. Boiling Water Method
1. Heat a small pot of water to a rolling boil and then turn the heat down just until the boil is not rolling. 2. Place both thermocouple probes completely in the boiling water<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My Weber remote probe did not like this step. It stuck at 199F and keeps flashing and beeping at me. I went back to where I bought this and turned out the probe is shot. This is the third + time that I have had problems with this unit, plus this unit does not moniter cabinet temp.  
It's time to get a new Maverick ET73. Any comments on this model.

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

manxman

Hi jaegar,

Chez kindly got me a maverick ET 73 and sent it to the UK for me as they are not available over here.

I checked it as per one of the previous posts and in line with what you did and it was spot on. [:)]

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1399

The Maverick has worked well but I have only been using it for a short while, not quite as remote as the blurb would suggest , but overall I am impressed.

Your experience certainly makes the point that thermometers should be checked when new and perhaps occasionally after that.[:D][:D]

Manxman.
Manxman

JJC

Hi Doug,

The Mav ET-73 will work well and has the dual cabinet/meat probes.  I would definitely check their accuracy, but they should be pretty close to the mark.  The price is right and customer service is good too, in case you get a lemon.  The only issue is the one Manxman alludes to--the remote range is rarely 100ft unless it is line of sight, but I seem to get about 50 ft though windows and walls, which works for me!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

zeek

Regarding the Maverick ET-73, great concept but I had problems with the food probe. They are sending a new one. Also, found it does not transmit very far. Does best with line of sight shot.