Latest load of Side Bacon

Started by oakville smoker, January 04, 2010, 03:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

Here she be   ( I cannot show it packed, too embarrased  by 10.5s craftsmanship with the vac sealer )   :P

All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

OU812

Looks good, bet it tastes good too.

The trick to packing it is to lay each piece on the cutting board as it comes off the slicer.

oakville smoker

Thanks,  show off !   LOL
I need a bigger slicer and a bigger kitchen and a bigger .....   oops   wrong site   LOL

All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

OU812

Quote from: oakville smoker on January 04, 2010, 04:24:54 PM
Thanks,  show off !   LOL
I need a bigger slicer and a bigger kitchen and a bigger .....   oops   wrong site   LOL

:)  :D  ;D

watchdog56

That is some lean looking bacon. Bet it will be good.

Tenpoint5

Oakville,
There isn't anything wrong with your Bacon it looks great. OU has you pointed in the right direction on how to make the neat little packages. After slicing you just grab the amount you want to put in a package and restack it nice and square then into the package and seal.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

3rensho

Looks like great bacon.  It's coming up on supper time here and I'm already thinking breakfast after seeing your bacon.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

lumpy

What make of slicer do you guys recommend?
What should I be looking for in such a unit?
Thanks

Lumpy

Tenpoint5

Lumpy,
This is the one that I use for slicing my bacon. I keep it around just for this purpose because my other slicer doesn't have a long enough stroke for bacon. This little Rival works great because you can use it without the slide, but you can still use the finger gaurd when the pieces get small.
Looks like this one is for sale up in Calgary
http://www.usedcalgary.com/classified-ad/10966872
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

oakville smoker

I have a Waring Pro and there is an issue with the length of the slide with bacon
I wind up cutting the ends I was going to cut off anyways and then slicing
I bought a Nesco grinder from Costco and they make a slicer, I would check it out
It was available on line only but I think the Nesco quality is better than Waring Pro and the price point is about the same
But its not 20 bucks like the one linked to in this post

My next step is to find a used commercial slicer.  Yes moving up the slicer food chain ...   LOL
But it would have to be a sweet deal

I never thought I would use this as much as I do but it gets a lot of use.  I sliced cheese with it for lasagna on Sunday,
bread, potatoes slices for potatoe chips, cucumbers, you name it.  Clean up canbe a pain but its worth it.