Pork Loin - It Keeps on Giving

Started by ArnieM, January 04, 2010, 03:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Yeah, left overs.  I have to learn to cut these smaller and maybe make some CB out of a hunk.

Originally slathered up with CT and smoked with hickory.  Put what was left (a lot) in foil with some apple juice and - yes - more CT.  200o oven for a few hours, hoping it wouldn't dry out and it didn't.  Only a couple of pics.

Got one of my wife's favorites going.  Fried Idaho potatoes with onions and anything else I can think of.

Here the potatoes are getting happy with some fresh ground black pepper and a few sprinklings of Road Kill Grill seasoning in a bit of OO.

The end product, skipping a few commercials.  The potatoes with onion and thin sliced mushrooms, tomato and avocado wedge salad and, of course, the pork loin.  And I STILL have more pork loin left.  Don'e even think about it Ka Honu unless you're paying the postage. ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

outdoorsfellar

seemore

ArnieM I take the pork roast for dinner looks very good.
seemore

KevinG

That title had me going in a totally different direction  - good to know it came out well. Thought it was going to turn out more like an STD - a gift that keeps on giving. Good looking eats there Arnie.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ArnieM

Sorry about the subject title Kevin.  I simply meant that we keep eating it and it's still there.  It may be growing in the fridge  ;D

Now my local market has boneless butt on sale for $1.49 this week.  OK, I'll try some fresh sausage. 

A friend manages a restaurant and he gets pulled pork, sauced, in 2 gallon tubs from somewhere  down south.  I may have to show him what the real stuff is like.  Looks like some cooking coming up.
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

Arnie, you cook some delicious meals.

Just lip smackin good!

Ka Honu

Quote from: ArnieM on January 04, 2010, 08:24:58 PM... A friend manages a restaurant and he gets pulled pork, sauced, in 2 gallon tubs from somewhere  down south.  I may have to show him what the real stuff is like. 

Be very careful unless you want a job supplying him with pulled pork (and whatever else that leads to).

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 04, 2010, 10:23:00 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on January 04, 2010, 08:24:58 PM... A friend manages a restaurant and he gets pulled pork, sauced, in 2 gallon tubs from somewhere  down south.  I may have to show him what the real stuff is like.

Be very careful unless you want a job supplying him with pulled pork (and whatever else that leads to).

You are so right, I give people smoke meats and they call back and say can you make more of this ...

I say NO, cause I don't know what you got, I "smoke" tooooo much!

OU812

Looks good Arnie

The loin leftovers make great breakfast food too, had some on a fried egg sammie with some smoked colby jack just the other day.

ArnieM

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 04, 2010, 10:23:00 PM

I think it's happening KH.  I told him about the brisket and had to explain what an ABT was.  He seemed very interested.
-- Arnie

ArnieM

Quote from: OU812 on January 05, 2010, 06:21:49 AM
Looks good Arnie

The loin leftovers make great breakfast food too, had some on a fried egg sammie with some smoked colby jack just the other day.

Funny you should mention that OU.  That's pretty close to what we had for breakfast this morning but the eggs were scrambled.
-- Arnie

OU812

Quote from: ArnieM on January 05, 2010, 08:17:13 AM
Quote from: OU812 on January 05, 2010, 06:21:49 AM
Looks good Arnie

Funny you should mention that OU.  That's pretty close to what we had for breakfast this morning but the eggs were scrambled.

You wants funny, Taby loves eggs any way you cook them BUT scrambled.  ::)
Her fave is to break an egg in a hot pan, stir the yolk into the white and flip, (tell me that is not as close to scrambled as you can get) then put the on some toast with some cheese and some bacon or CB or ham or well you get the idea. Girls go figure.  :D