New Model PID is Available, NOW!

Started by classicrockgriller, January 07, 2010, 12:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark1

Hey Toker,

Besides the higher power rating, the new high end PID has the 2 extra relays that you describe.  I don't think the Dual Probe Bradley has the 2 extra relays that are timer controlled but I may have misunderstood something.  (see new member chat section for email threads)

In any event, I'm going w/ the big 'un.  More power and all that etc. ;-)

Mark

Toker

no the on at 175.50$ does not have it here is what Mr Liu told me ealier today hope it help.

The other two relays are for turn on a shower to cool the sausage and timing the smoker generator.

Mark1

Toker,

Thanks for the clarification confirmation that Dual Prob Bradley does not have the relays.  These are also not listed in the spec sheet.

You don't have to use the relays for the water etc.  but can.   The relays can power any 110V device not to exceed 3A.  I'm going to use one of my 2 relays to turn my smoke generator on for a preset time.  I might use the other one for an alarm. 

I just ordered it and will report on its performance once I have had a chance to play w/ it.

Thanks,
Mark

Toker

ok can't wait to see the results of your tests.

Habanero Smoker

I'm putting this on my wishlist. I sent him an email this morning asking if the Dual Probe can be run without the meat probe. This is his answer.

"Hello;
Here are the options you have.
1) If you set all six steps as time depended instead of some are internal temperature depended, you can unplug the second sensor. The second window will be used to show the cooking time. You can also have the second sensor plugged and use it to display the temperature of a different location.

2) You can programmed the controller that only the last step is finished by internal temperature. You just leave the internal sensor in somewhere safe. It has to be plugged to the controller.
I hope this answer your question.

Thanks,
Suyi"

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mark1

Hmmm,  This is interesting.  Since I will begin by making jerky, I suppose I can defeat this potential logic issue by leaving the IT probe outside the smokerm and by default, it will always be lower than the temp inside the smoker.

I'll let you know once I have a chance to play a bit.