Christening in my 3rd Bubba Puck

Started by nsxbill, March 26, 2005, 02:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsxbill

Well I got a nice package from Chez today for knowing some things about Elephant Parts, and dug right into the package of Pecan, and have two shelves completey full of Pork Shoulder in the BS now.  I hope for an excellent GOOD FRIDAY and an even better Saturday when the roasts come out!

I did a vacuum marinade in my Hobart Vacuum Marinator.  The bone in roast package from Sam's contained two separate pieces weighing in at 14.5 lbs.  Both easily fit inside the big cylinder, and put in a big jar of French's Yellow Mustard, some of my BBQ sauce to add liquid, about a cup of Coca Cola extract, and some Paprika based Rub.  I tumbled about 35 minutes at about 12lbs of pressure.  

The two roasts went into the refrigerator in a very large covered Tupperware cannister for 24hrs of rest and relaxation.

Both shoulder roasts into the smoker at 5:00 p.m.

The one thing I am troubled with is the use of my 3rd Bubba puck that came with my package of bisquettes today.  I finally broke down and got the third one...My question is, I didn't season the new puck...think it will be ok? [:D][:D]

It will be nice to have the extra puck to finish up the smoke!

Will post up some pictures for the dead pig gallery when I change out the water, and when they finish up about Noon tomorrow.  The big cooler is standing by for the FTC!

Haven't tried a bone in shoulder before.  Hope it comes out good.  Probably will shred most and vacuum seal for sandwiches later.

Happy Easter to all!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

ChefBill

Bill,
Bone in shoulder works great for pulled pork. I've got about 5# in vacuum sealed bags in freezer. Just as good as the day it was done. A little trick is to use the boil in bag reheating process.

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

JJC

Hi Bill,

I agree with CB--I think the bone-in makes a tastier pulled pork than boneless.  Can't wait to see the pics!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Chez Bubba

Bill,

For the proper seasoning technique for Bubba Pucks, follow these simple instructions:

1) Pour a favorite of your best liquid libation.

2) Pour another.

3) Just one more for good luck.

4) There you have it, they're seasoned! And so are you![:D][:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

gotbbq

Hey Bill,

I have an interest in getting a marinator.  How is the hobart?  What kind of capacity does it have.  Did you get it on-line?  Thanks-

Rich[^][^][^]

gotbbq

nsxbill

I bough my Hobart online.  It is a commercial model that will marinate 25# at a time.  It is pricey.  Well made.  All stainless and NSF approved.  Shipping wt about 60 pounds as an FYI.  Mine was manufactured in 1988.

I have 4 of the Marivac Marinators available.  They will vacuum marinate 5#.  Let me know if you want one.  Private me for a price.  The MAP is $199.  Call me for a much better price.

I use the Marivac for nightly grilling.  The big one is for those anticipated times when I start doing bulk jerkey with a bigger smoker.  It is portable enough to transport.  I did 14.5 Shoulder roast yesterday and it has been in the smoker since yesterday at 1700hrs.

Chez, glad you picked up on the Bubba puck seasoning.  No one else did [:D].  I think this method of seasoning should be in Oldman's special recipe site as S.O.P. for seasoning any aluminum disks or (god forbid) other home made pucks!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.