My forst smoke

Started by Hoss, January 09, 2010, 06:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoss

OK, Wife told me chickens.
So, I mixed up a brine and let them soak for about 5 hours.  Took them out, split down the breast, and seasoned.
Stuck them in the fridge overnight, and here is what I got.

Bathing in smoke now, more to come.
Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

Yardbirds look good sitting there
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hoss

OK, 2 of them are done.  And, apparently I couldn't type when I started this thread  :P

I had to cut into one
Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.

hal4uk

Looks good, Hoss.  What kinda wood did you use?

(btw - yor spellin' will blend right in 'round here)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Hoss

I used about 3 hours of Apple on these.  Thought I would start out with something light.

Ka Honu

Good lookin' birds there and I finally get to say "forst" and "spatchcock" in the same post!

hal4uk

Hey Hoss... Looking at those again - they look wonderful, but why did you cut the breast side instead of cutting out the backbone?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Hoss

Just the way I have always done it.

Tenpoint5

Looks good Hoss, Somewhere around here I did a video of spatchcocking a bird from the back so they lay nice and flat for you. Somebody better at searching than I am will find it
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 09, 2010, 02:55:14 PM
Looks good Hoss, Somewhere around here I did a video of spatchcocking a bird from the back so they lay nice and flat for you. Somebody better at searching than I am will find it

Here's the link to your video 10.5

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=11817.0
HawkeyeSmokes

Hoss

Yeah, thanks for the video.  Think I will try it that way next time for sure.

classicrockgriller

Hoss, they look great no matter how you cut them.

Here a pictorial on be-boning a chicken.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=13197.0

harper072554

That is some great looking chicken...
Wade