Is 12 hrs enough time for a 9.37# pork butt and Oven temps

Started by canyonman, January 09, 2010, 06:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonman

Thanks to all of your help the Pulled Pork turned out great!!!  I learned alot from you guys.

Quarlow

For your next smoke get a couple of bricks and wrap them in tinfoil. Put one in the bottom next to the water bowl and if you are not using the bottom rack for food then stick the other one on that rack or set it on the v-tray so as not to block the drippings from running into the bowl. These act as a heat mass and help with temp recovery after you put the losd in or have opened the door. You can also heat these in your oven before you put them in if you want. Some folks do but  I just let mine heat while preheating the tower, but if I was to do a butt I probably would preheat in the oven.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

canyonman, let us know what your fellow firefighters think when you do some smokin for them.

Glad you had a great smoke!

Habanero Smoker

That is fairly accurate temperature for a home use thermometer. The average is +2 - 4 degrees F.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

anderson5420

Another thing you might consider is some kind of additional insulation for the smoker! 
So many recipes, so little time!