Anyone willing to help the tard? Got all my stuff and don't know what to do...

Started by danattherock, January 09, 2010, 10:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danattherock

Ha ha ha...

I like white lenses ;)

As for golf, growing up and living 15 minutes from Pinehurst,NC pretty much guarantees you play golf. Wonderful game once you get into it. However, Mark Twain did once say, "Golf is a good walk spoiled". Ha ha... But he didn't live in Pinehurst of course:)

Since you enjoy photography, I will share some images below.

As for flyfishing, love it man. We lived in NW Alaska (Nome and Kotzebue) for two years and got into it there. We take yearly float trips on remote rivers in arctic Alaska. Get a bush plane to drop us about 80 miles from the nearest village, float a week or two, float 40-60 miles of gin clear river, fish, camp when you want, etc.. Then get the bush plane to pick you up at the end and take you back to town. Tons of wildlife, brown bear, caribou, sheep, moose, etc... Best part, nobody else up there. Three of our float trips have been in arctic NW and total about 30 days on the water and we didn't see another person the whole time. Nothing like it man.

Below are some assorted pics from our float trips. Just snap shots from waterproof Pentax W30 and W60 point and shoots, but shows a bit of what we see on the remote floats...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21144083@N02/sets/72157603727567944/show/

Below are some pictures from Alaska as well. More scenic landscapes and such that I got with my DSLR (Canon 40D). These images were from a trip in Alaska (Kenai Penninsula) this past Sept. Pretty area for sure, but too many people for my taste. The first half of the slideshow are landscapes and scenery pics around Homer and Seward, the second half was just point and shoot pics of flyfishing and friends of ours in Alaska we were camping/rafting with that week. Not our normal remote float trip, but it was fun. A social trip of sorts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21144083@N02/sets/72157622451000035/show/

Below are a few from Maine and New Hampshire 2 months back. Nice area...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21144083@N02/sets/72157622515910831/show/

And a few from here on Nantucket...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21144083@N02/sets/72157603675756905/show/

The photography forum I like is www.photo.net and www.photocamel.com

The flyfishing forum is www.alaskaflyfish.net but the flyfishing section in the below forum is the more active of the two.

The Alaska Outdoors Directory forum (flyfishing, outdoor photography, guns, hunting, camping, outdoor cooking, raft , canoe, etc...) is www.outdoorsdirectory.com This is a fantastic forum and the main one I frequent. I like the outdoors photography, gear, flyfishing, rafting, canoeing, and hiking forums especially. So many sub-forums to choose from there. I go by the same name "Danattherock" there of course. I got runner up for forum member of the year just last week in fact. Nothing to brag about really. Just means I spend too much time online. Ha ha.. Lots of great folks on that forum. The pics from the Sept trip on the Kenai were of my wife and I spending 10 days camping with some guys from this forum. We took the rafts down the Upper Kenai each day flyfishing for rainbows and spent night at the same camp where dutch ovens, lies, and cold beer rules the night. Good times. This is a very active forum as well with some 5,000+ active members. This is the site for all things outdoors, with an emphasis on Alaska of course.

-Dan

"The wilderness holds answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask"

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

dana, I use to play golf a lot. Use to live in Jax, Fl and had access to 20+ golf courses within a 30 minute drive.

Have played TPC (Sawgrass) Harbour Town in Hilton Head

As I got older my game started deteriorating.

It finally got to the point where one day, The best two balls I hit were when I stepped on a rake in the sandtrap.

So I quit. :D

Quarlow

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 13, 2010, 10:13:02 AM
It finally got to the point where one day, The best two balls I hit were when I stepped on a rake in the sandtrap.
So I quit. :D
;D ;D ;D ROTFFLMAO  ;D :o ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Caneyscud

Let's put it this way, most people don't want to be on a course with me - not even in a scramble.  They usually say something about my golf grip really is similar to my baseball bat grip! 

You know looking at the pics (great, great pics BTW) I couldn't tell the diff between the white lens ones and the P&S ones!   ;D ;D

Been up to Alaska twice - on the peninsula both times, but never have fished freshwater - only salt.  Not my choice, but had to acquiesce to my wife one time and the guys who paid for my trip the other.   I did get some mighty tasty halibut, cod, shrimp, and crab to eat though.  A float trip in AK is one of my main wishes I want to do before I get too old.   Got several dozen rolls of transparencies of the trips somewhere. 

Here's to living vicariously through the outdoors photos of others

Did live very near the Pecan Valley Golf Course and snuck under the fence during the Texas Open once and got to see Chi Chi the year he won it. -
67 I think it was - which made me 11.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

hal4uk

I'm not real sure which end of a club to swing.
But I know Paula Creamer when I see her...
and this Aussie...  http://www.annarawson.com/
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Paddlinpaul

Looks like you all got him steered in the right direction. Can't wait to see his picks and read how it all went when he returns.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!