Sausage Stuffer

Started by classicrockgriller, January 11, 2010, 05:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Vertical or Horizonal and why?

OU812

I have a vertical and it takes up less room on your bench.

Up In Smoke

5 lb vertical here for the same reason, also i have 2 corner "C" clamps that hold it down perfectly on a corner of the bench without having to make a permanent mount.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

HawkeyeSmokes

I like the vertical for the same reasons also and think they would be easier to fill.

Have not used a horizontal though.
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

Well, that's good enough for me.

That's what I was leaning to and just wanted to make sure and I know you three know.

Thanks.

I decided on a LEM SS with metal gears. Comes with plastic tubes but I can change that later.

I found it for 118 with shipping included. Does that sound right?

HawkeyeSmokes

That's a good price. I have the same one and paid more.  ???
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

OK, gonna order it tonite.

love the smoke

Very good price JUST received mine from LEM and I believe it was 129 ?? or 139 Just remember if you plan on doing snack sticks from the 17-19 mm casings you need to order a 3/8 tube dont think it comes with it, and it didn't tell you on the site what tube to use for what so I emailed them and pointed that out and they said they would change that, and I looked the other day and it seems they did ad it to the stuffer page and the casing page , so customer service is pretty good at LEM also they knocked the shipping off the 3/8 tube when I ordered it, NICE

LTS
LTS

classicrockgriller

Thanks for the info LTS.

Am ordering mine from Meatprocessors.com (I think)

www.meatprocessingproducts.com

hal4uk

That vertical one looks like it makes more sense.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

They have a $10 discount code and shipping was 12.00

DOUG3D

Just used my 5# lem for the first time this weekend, got it from meat processing and could not be happier! Looks like it will hold up for a long time. I also agree, need to get a 3/8 tube for smaller casings. Good luck i'm sure you will be satisfied!

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 11, 2010, 06:47:47 PM
OK, gonna order it tonite.

Boy you dont mess around, when you want something you get it.

classicrockgriller

Wife says they make a medicine for my kind of sickness.

I'm not going to the Doctor. ;D

RAF128

I have a vertical and a horizontal.    I don't like the horizontal.   It's geared way to high and when using smaller tube it all you can do to turn the handle.    The vertical is the way to go.