Sausage Stuffer

Started by classicrockgriller, January 11, 2010, 05:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadking

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 12, 2010, 09:34:28 AM
Wife says they make a medicine for my kind of sickness.

I'm not going to the Doctor. ;D

Yeah we're all sick.
Is this the one you ordered? http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/lem606.html
good choice. the worst thing anyone could do when getting a stuffer is getting one with no metal gears.

I have one just like it 5 lb. and a 20lb. electric.

classicrockgriller

Roadking

I think it's the same stuffer but your getting all the goodies with that one. Still a real good choice.
When you get time make homemade weiners, you'll never buy store bought again.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Roadking on January 12, 2010, 11:04:22 AM
I think it's the same stuffer but your getting all the goodies with that one. Still a real good choice.
When you get time make homemade weiners, you'll never buy store bought again.

I called to verify that it was the same and they said yes.

Sausage stuffin (at retail) runs about $1 a lb.

Commerical spices (kits) runs about the same $1 a lb.

They gave you enough for 60lbs, plus the book.

I think it was a real good deal. Plus $10 off with the discount code.

shipping was 10.95, plus I have ordered from them twice and got my stuff quick on

the economy shipping.

OU812

Thats a good price on the stuffer combo you got CRG

Now what to make first with all those sausage kits and all that three legged deer meat you got?

classicrockgriller

What about a meat mixer. LEM has a 17lb that is reasonable.

The nice thing that I have going is that I don't have to make a bunch in one day.

I processed my venison grind in 3lb pkg and if  I go 60/40 I would make 5 to 10lbs at a time.

And if I go 75/25 then it would be 4 to 8lbs at a time.

Based on that, I think I can hand mix that much and not need to take a beverage break.

lumpy

I kick myself in the butt everytime I use my 5 LB LEM stuffer...........should have bought the 10LB so I could buy the electric motor with foot pedal.
Its a great stuffer but and extra set of hands come in "Handy" when stuffing.

Lumpy

anderson5420

Then again, one seeming advantage to a horizontal stuffer ("seeming" because I don't have one, I have an old SMI 5 lb vertical stuffer) is that with the horizontal stuffer you don't end up with 1/2 - 1 lb of meat in the bottom that you just can't push through.  A good quality gear driven horizontal stuffer would seem to let you get more of your meat into the casing!  I would like to give something like this

a try, but not enough to part with $179...

What I am really amazed does seem to be available though is a large hand stuffing tube with interchangeable horns and a decent ram that would let me deal with the last of the meat in the vertical stuffer. Wherever I ask about this, the sales folks always say "Yeah, that's a great idea, have never seen one."  Soooo...any entrepreneurs out there?  ;D
So many recipes, so little time!

NePaSmoKer

Are you guys taking your stuffer to its full potential?  I have the LEM 5lb and i have more in the tube leftover than i do in the container.

lumpy

Mine is the same.
There's not enough meat left in the stuffer to make a meatball.

The tube.............thats different.

Lumpy

classicrockgriller

anderson, think I saw a post the other day where someone is using a piece of styrofoam that will push out the last bit

http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/lem852.html

Up In Smoke

CRG,
i have a meat mixer from northern tool (surprise) they are real close to work.
it is a 17lb unit, it mixes well and is easy to break down and clean. doesn't take up too much space.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200004374_200004374
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

classicrockgriller

Thanks UIS, this is the one I was looking at and again I can get $10 off

http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/lem654.html

anderson5420

Different stuffers must be a bit different, I don't what the others have, but the ONLY way to get a fair quantity of meat out of the bottom of the OLD (15 years old) SMI stuffer would be to put some kind of additional pusher disk under the plastic piston.  The screw reaches the bottom of its travel and simply no she go.  I will see if my buddy can make me a nice hardwood disk the same diameter as the piston, he has a pretty good wood shop and more importantly is not a spastic like me (figuratively, not literally, no offense to any real spastics here!).

I still like the idea of a good little hand stuffer though. 

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 12, 2010, 01:53:29 PM
anderson, think I saw a post the other day where someone is using a piece of styrofoam that will push out the last bit

http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/lem852.html

So many recipes, so little time!

harper072554

I bought a stuffer recently... It is an elbow shaped type stuffer... I will not use it anymore... It let a lot of my sausage escape in the stuffer around the press plate... Not mention the amount that would hang up in front of the tube...
Wade