success with Pulled Pork

Started by canyonman, January 12, 2010, 03:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonman

Sorry it took so long to post pics of the Pulled pork I made but here they are.  I learned a great deal from everyone that helped me.  My family and friends where amazed at how good it was.  My wife even said she wouldn't want it any more tender.  One thing I learned was to set the temp on the oven and let it do it's thing.  Before I went to bed the temp just below the meat was reading 226 on the high swings and I thought this might make the meat cook too fast so I lowered the oven from 200 to 190.  The next day, or should I say, later that morning the high was only 205 and the low was 177.  I turned the oven set back to 200.  Then after the stall at around 157 IT I turned the temp up to 210 for a couple of hours then up to 220 for the last 2 hrs.  I only increased the temps so that we could eat before night fall.  It took 19 hrs for the total cooking time then 30 min FTC.  It turned out delicious!!!  I mean fall off the bone, juicy, and so flavorful I wanted to slap my grandma!!!  Thanks to all that helped.

lumpy

Nice job canyonman!
You've mastered pulled pork :D

Lumpy

FLBentRider

Congrats Canyonman, that looks great.

Good that you figured out to just set the temp and leave it alone.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

MPTubbs

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

OU812

Nice job on the pulled pork canyonman

Sounds like your gettin to know your smoker had how to control that bad boy, thats the first step, the rest just gets better from there.

Tenpoint5

Nice looking butt glad it turned out well for you
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

That there is a nice looking butt! 

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

KyNola

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!  Way to go Canyonman.

Uh, once again(I can't believe ya'll haven't already said this) Reel 'em boys, we've hooked another one! :D

What's next Mr. Canyonman?

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Nice looking pulled pork!

Did you pour that juice back in the pulled meat?

What was the IT before the FTC.

Wait till you start bringing chow to the station, they will be shinning your boots for more.

KyNola

Better yet CRG, wait until he hauls his Bradley down to the station and fires it up there.  They'll be taking his shifts so he can keep the smoker going!

KyNola

Quarlow

Quote from: canyonman on January 12, 2010, 03:38:40 PM
I wanted to slap my grandma!!!  
"There ought to be law, get the sheriff on the phone. Lord have mercy how she even get that pulled pork on(a bun). It's a honky tonk badonkadonk"
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

watchdog56

very nice looking. Next you should try Tenpoint5 rib recipe. You won't be disappointed. :P :P

harper072554

That Pulled Pork looks great... If I did not know better I would thought it was bought here at a BBQ place close to my house...
Wade

canyonman

The IT was 190 when I removed it from the BDS.  After 30 minutes of FTC the IT remained at 190.  I checked the temp in several locations prior to and after FTC.  The samples I have brought the guys have been a big hit.  Lots of salivation and grunting. ;D 

canyonman

Quote from: KyNola on January 12, 2010, 09:01:19 PM
Better yet CRG, wait until he hauls his Bradley down to the station and fires it up there.  They'll be taking his shifts so he can keep the smoker going!

KyNola
For sure.  I even had guys try to talk me in to selling it to construction workers.  Just think how good it will be once I get the experience you all have.