need a question answered by a pro

Started by love the smoke, January 12, 2010, 07:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love the smoke

Approximate how long does it take to do a batch of sticks?

I realize that you have to let the meat tell you when its done, Well my buts have come out of the closet :o :o :o and started speaking to me (that sounded bad)

My ribs talk to me all the time

But the sausage is new territory so I need a rough estimate so it does not get done at 2 in the morning and I fall asleep and I end up with something that resembles a shoe string and just as tough

Thanks

LTS
LTS

NePaSmoKer

LTS

Sticks can take anywhere from 5 to 18 hours. Outside temp and the amount you have in the smoker can affect time also. Water content, binder, fat content can make time longer also. I'm sure others will chime in too so they can add to this.

And yeah that sounded kinda weird  :D

Mr Walleye

LTS

For me usually 8 to 10 hours. I usually stuff the night before and fire them in the smoker in the morning after a rest overnight in the fridge.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pfowl01

I agree with Mr.Walleye. I've been doing 5lb batchs and it usaully takes about 10hrs.

OU812

Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 12, 2010, 07:35:10 PM
LTS

For me usually 8 to 10 hours. I usually stuff the night before and fire them in the smoker in the morning after a rest overnight in the fridge.

Mike

What Mike said is the same here too.

lumpy

Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 12, 2010, 07:35:10 PM
LTS

Mike

Around the same time for me. Add a few more when its very cold outside.
Lumpy