Rib Rack

Started by jaeger, March 30, 2005, 04:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeger

Here is a picture of a rib rack that I bought online. This fits perfect in the Bradley and would work great on the grill. This item was shipped fast and is very good quality-Heavy Duty. It is made of polished stainless steel.

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007PIRSU/qid=1112155339/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/002-2211645-6066437?v=glance&s=garden&n=507846

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

nsxbill

Did you get yours already?  I have two of these coming....maybe tomorrow.  My son is moving back in tomorrow for awhile, and thought I would do some ribs as a little welcome home thing...maybe invite some of his friends over.  

The last time I did ribs I hung them from one of the good old Smokehouse Rob's Racks, and it is hard to beat.  I do want to try this... I used to do ribs in my Weber with a rack like this...not stainless, however, and was always happy with the results.  Sure allows more room for additional meat in a smaller space.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

jaeger

I ordered these on 3/24 and received on 3/29. I don't have SR's rack yet so I have been improvising. I thought these would work well for anything really, like you said to free up room on a rack. These fit nice, one per shelf if needed. I also ordered 2 plus a beer butt chicken cooker as it pushed me into savings on shipping by spending more. (It seemed right at the time anyway.[;)][:D])

ChefBill

jaeger,
I just ordered 2 of the racks myself while I'm waiting on the BS to preheat for 3 racks of ribs to go on and I wish the rib racks were already here. Really glad you posted that, thanx, I like the fact they are Stainless and not a plated steel.[:D]
Only hard part about ribs is finding a place to insert the thermometer probe in them.[:(!]
I'm doing 2 racks of Baby backs & 1 spare rib so I can compare the end result. Gonna be a fun day.[:p] [:)] Bill

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

JJC

Doug (and others who have used this rack), I have SR's sausage rack and use fairly hefty S-hooks to hang ribs from it.  Does the rib rack on Amazon.com offer any advantages offer my current set-up? If so, I'd be inclined to get a couple; if not, I'll spend my money on some other smoker item [;)]!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

jaeger

John,
I think SR's racks (both) are awesome! I plan to eventually pick up one of each. What I like about this rib rack is that I can cook/smoke on one level. If doing a long cook I just have to rotate. The other reason I like this rib rack is that it holds chicken parts(etc.), upright. I can get more chicken parts on one shelf using the rack then I can just laying on a screen. This rack fits perfect in the Bradley and the price is right.

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jaeger</i>
<br />John,
I think SR's racks (both) are awesome! I plan to eventually pick up one of each. What I like about this rib rack is that I can cook/smoke on one level. If doing a long cook I just have to rotate. The other reason I like this rib rack is that it holds chicken parts(etc.), upright. I can get more chicken parts on one shelf using the rack then I can just laying on a screen. This rack fits perfect in the Bradley and the price is right.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks, Doug!  I think I'll pick up a couple--I like the idea of sticking potatoes on it, too!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA