Help needed with timing

Started by Rockpig, January 13, 2010, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPTubbs

Rock, your kitchen really rocks!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

OU812

Rock those briskets look great, cant wait to see the finished product.

Your kitchen looks so nice it makes mine look like a closet.

Rockpig

Hmm, sorry about that, not sure what happened.  When I initially posted it doubled all my text, photos and links. 
Yes, that is a warming drawer in the island.  That thing comes in real handy when entertaining.  I use inserts that are of all different sizes, kind of like you would see a hot dog vendor use on his cart for sauerkraut and chili.  When guests come over they can just serve themselves straight out of the drawer if need be. 
Thanks for the compliment, I'm the one that does 90% of the cooking in the house, so I wanted it to suit my needs. 

Rockpig

Been in the smoker now for 3.5 hours, have oven temp set to 310, can't get past 205!  Glad I put them in a little early and allowed 3 hours to FTC!  Smoke done in a little while, then transfer to the ovens.  Will get pics.

FLBentRider

Quote from: Rockpig on January 15, 2010, 03:10:59 PM
Been in the smoker now for 3.5 hours, have oven temp set to 310, can't get past 205!  Glad I put them in a little early and allowed 3 hours to FTC!  Smoke done in a little while, then transfer to the ovens.  Will get pics.

With that load in there, that sounds about right.

Where are you measuring the temp?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Rockpig

Using a digi smoker, that temp reads 10* higher than my ET-7.  The ET-7 is stuck in a cut up potato on the bottom rack in the middle.  There is a lone pork butt on the second rack, 2 pork butts on the third rack and the brisket on the top rack.