pid dual probes manual

Started by Toker, January 15, 2010, 09:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

At maybe 1-2 degres difference et voila you understood my pretty bad english. :P

classicrockgriller

Well that makes good sense and is worth a try. Have you done this?

This would be a great experiment.

classicrockgriller

toker, you have great english,

I have a hard head. :D

Toker

did not tried it i did not received my pid yet but others here in the forum did and they said that its working if you place them close to each others. But i sure will try.

Toker

But its better than paying about 700$ for a procom 4 ( pid with remote)

classicrockgriller

I will call Auber tomorrow and ask the how close a metal object can be place to their probes and still get an true reading and I'll e-mail you what he told me.

If you like I will send it in french.

Toker

Sure go ahead  :D but did you installed a fan in the tower? cause in the back, you know its warmer than in the front. And habanero once told me that a piece could have different degres depending where you put the probe in the meat thats why i suggested you close from each others.

classicrockgriller

Toker

just reread reply 51 pls i made modifications.

Toker

As far as how close from each others should they be the cloest as possible as long as they dont touch each other i've been told.

GusRobin

I have the "old" auber and I have run it with the probe wall mounted under the second rack (OBS) and the maverick probe about 1/2 inch from it. I had about a max 1-2 degree difference (depending on when I checked) but otherwise every thing worked fine.
I am waiting for one of the innovators on this forum to figure a way to hook the PID to the maverick  :)     --maybe using the extra relays on the $195 version?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Toker

No you only use your Maverick to tell you the Auber temp since its only 1 degree difference between the Auber and the Maverick its pretty much the same temp eventhough the maverick remote is temp you can assume it the same at 1 degree difference you do not plug the maverick into the Auber.