Smoked Chicken Breast, w/poblano and pancetta

Started by mbm, January 24, 2010, 01:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbm

I just removed boneless, skinless chicken breasts from my DBS. 

I pre-heated the smoker to 220 deg.   I sliced a large poblano pepper in half and put 1/2 pepper on each side of the chicken breast, then inserted toothpicks to hold the pepper on to the breast. I then laid 2-3 sliced pancetta (italian bacon) on top of the chicken breast, sprinkled generously with Tony Chachere's seasoning, then drizzled lightly with Italian Salad dressing.  Into the smoker at 11:15AM. Unfortunately, a transformer blew at 12:30 and they may have been done at that time, but I got distracted trying to find out how much of the football games I might miss.  The electricity came back on at 1:30. The smoker got back up to temperature and I left the chicken breasts in for about another 40 minutes.  They are GREAT but next time, I won't cook them quite so long.  Hopefully, next time I won't get distracted by an electrical outtage.

GEAUX SAINTS!

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

classicrockgriller

Did you lose electricity to your smoker also?

mbm

yes.  everything on the street went out.  Thankfully, it wasn't out long.

seemore

Those sound really good, mbm!  Next time be sure to post pictures!
Mrs S

Pachanga

mbm,

I saw the poblano and I thought Texas.  That sounds great.  My son is in Houston.  I'm in Arlington.

Poblano and anchos are my favorite peppers.  Of course jalapenos and serranos run a close second.

Good luck, slow smoking and welcome fellow Texan,

Pachanga