Piggy Nirvana

Started by oakville smoker, January 17, 2010, 05:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

We were always told not to give them chicken or pork bones. Although my brother will break the knuckles off of the chicken bones and give those to his dog.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

oakville smoker

Thanks
That is what I thought but I was not sure if it was founded on fact or not
I think I will let that bone rest in the freezer until I feel really ambitious
I am not a big fan of pea soup although the wife is
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Paddlinpaul

But pea soup[ is great way to help keep warm at night under the blankets. And dutch ovens are always funny, no matter what women say ;D
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

Piker

Oakville I think the way to go is yellow split pea soup. I made it after I finished off my last ham and it was the best I ever made. Altho I had quite a bit of ham in it. Piker

Quarlow

Quote from: Paddlinpaul on January 18, 2010, 02:35:27 PM
But pea soup[ is great way to help keep warm at night under the blankets. And dutch ovens are always funny, no matter what women say ;D
Hahaha The other day the "wombat" bends over beside me to read a post an accidently cuts loose. She said "don't worry my farts don't stink" to which I had to say"no they don't stink, they smell like hell". So that night she is trying to get comfortable in bed when she pops off another one. So as quick as I could I give her the dutch oven and say" ok now tell me your farts don't stink". So as she's fighting me off she says "your right the do smell like hell and you can sleep on the couch tonight a##h@le". It was worth the night on the couch. ;D ;D :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Paddlinpaul

With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

Hoss

I was always told not to give a dog a raw bone because it will splinter and choke them.

So, after reading this topic, I have decided from the collective knowledge of the entire group that

Noone really knows what they are talking about  ;D ;D ;D
Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.

rdevous

Quote from: squirtthecat on January 17, 2010, 09:40:15 AM

Great ideas...

When I do my 15 bean pulled pork chili for next month's cookoff, I'm going to throw the bones in.

I use Goya 16 Bean Soup mix.  They add black beans to their mix.  Since I can never get the chickpeas to soften to my likeness, I take then out before soaking the beans and turn them into a powder in a processor then add the powder to the soup or chili slowly while stirring to avoid any lumps.  I add it towards the end to act as a thickener.

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!