Happy Day! Cheap Pork Shouder at QFC!

Started by anderson5420, January 17, 2010, 11:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anderson5420

Every now and then, QFC, a local Kroger chain in the Seattle area, runs a deep discount on pork shoulder. Normally it goes for $3.89 or $3.99 a pound.  Never bought any at that price!  Last Friday through today, it is $0.99 a pound. I brought home eight 6-7 pounders on Friday. The first one became a nice little batch of Polish yesterday, and I am planning out the other seven. There will be some coppa for sure, and some sticks, both cooked and dried.  Another run of fresh potato sausage.  Oh boy oh boy oh boy!  Now I need a deal on some cheap beef, nothing much in that department around here...
So many recipes, so little time!

Tenpoint5

I would go back and get some more and stock up the freezer!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

$3.99/lb for pork shoulder ? OUCH!

How much is pork loin ? Ribs ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

car54

I agree wit 10.5. Go back and stock up! That is what charge cards are for.

Brad

anderson5420

Whoops! I meant regular price is $2.89 or $2.99 - not $3.89!  Pork loin at Costco is about $2.00 a pound, wife buys the ribs so I don't pay much attention.

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 17, 2010, 11:53:05 AM
$3.99/lb for pork shoulder ? OUCH!

How much is pork loin ? Ribs ?

oakville smoker

I picked some up on Saturday around here for .79 per pound
Unbelievable !
Its now a challenge to close the freezer door
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

anderson5420

I am always curious where "around here" might be...so many people choose to leave their location blank in their profiles.  Why don't folks like to put in their location?

Quote from: oakville smoker on January 18, 2010, 04:03:16 AM
I picked some up on Saturday around here for .79 per pound
Unbelievable !
Its now a challenge to close the freezer door

Tenpoint5

Anderson Around here for me is Iowa right smack dab in the middle of Hog country and I can't even remotely touch a pork butt for $.79 a pound everything is $1.68 and up. Something just aint right with that.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 18, 2010, 09:20:40 AM
Anderson Around here for me is Iowa right smack dab in the middle of Hog country and I can't even remotely touch a pork butt for $.79 a pound everything is $1.68 and up. Something just aint right with that.

Around Here is Central IL.  We can get butt on sale for .89/lb every month or so.  It's usually in the 1.30 range normally.

This is Corn Country.  We exploit Iowa for their hogs.  :D

anderson5420

Yeah, here in the Puget Sound, you would think salmon might be reasonably priced too... ;D

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 18, 2010, 09:20:40 AM

York

Right before christmas my Safeway had butts on sale for $.69 a pound. Over the course of two days I bought 160#.  Freezer is full now.