2nd burner need auto tune PID?

Started by lumpy, January 20, 2010, 05:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPTubbs

Quote from: Waltz on January 21, 2010, 11:15:57 AM
Just checked on my single probe manual and the code it states is also 166 so it looks like it applies to them all.

Waltz

Grooooovy man! ;D
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Toker

lumpy

Nother question:

The new heat shield.........is it bigger for the two burner set-up. I can't really tell in the pictures.

Whats better. Get the kit from Yard and Pool or from Bradley?

Thanks
Lumpy

HawkeyeSmokes

The heat shield is the same Lumpy.

Not sure if Y & P or Bradley would be better for you. Best thing would be to email each one I think.
HawkeyeSmokes

lumpy

I will do that, but for $20, what does it really matter.

Should have read the tutorial from Mr. Walleye before asking. Its laid out very well.

Thanks
Lump

MPTubbs

Heat shields are the same and there is plenty of room to add the second element.

The only problem I had was the sides of the new heat shield feel off.

I just pop-rivited them back on and all is cool!

;D

Also did the Auto tune and were up and running.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

celica454

tskeeter

Celica, I see you just introduced yourself.  That leads me to wonder if your smoker configuration includes an after market PID temperature controller.  The auto tune routine is a function of the PID, and is not available in a stock Bradley smoker.

If your set up includes an Auber PID, please confirm that for us.  Then, someone will be along shortly who can help you out.  And I'll check when I get home this evening to see if you got the answers you need.  If no one has answered, I'll post some intructions for you.

Tskeeter