New from CA

Started by mski, January 21, 2010, 05:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mski

Hi everyone,
I found this site looking for info and ideas about PDI's , ton's of great info here I must say. It also worked out because I just got a BSG and I'm sure I'll need guidance with that neat little toy!
I have a home made smoker with a steel frame insulated and lined with aluminum about 4' tall similar to The Sausage Makers. I am seting up a PID control for it. Also I have a fridge in the garage for fermenting, sausage (or BEER) I got a PID controlling it, a light bulb for heat and have the alarm relay to turn on the fridge for cooling to keep any temp in any weather.
Anyway that is my story and looking forward to some new friends.

MPTubbs

Welcome mki.

Just ask away and I bet you will get quite a few answers.

Smart group of people here!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum mski!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

ArnieM

Hi mski and welcome to the forum.  Make sure you leave enough room in that fridge for the beer  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

TTNuge

KevinG

Welcome mski, yup gotta have suds to wash down all the smoked food!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

mybad

Hey a fellow Californian ...Welcome to the forum! ;D

classicrockgriller

Welcome up!

If you decide to share sure would like to see some pics of your smokers.

OU812

Welcome to the fun mski

Sure would be cool to see your smoker and fermenting fridge and here how they work for ya.

Gizmo

Welcome mski,
Ask any questions you need.  Lots of help and knowledge in these here parts.

I suspect us Cali folks aren't doing much smokin in the last few days.   With 50 to 80 MPH winds, even smoking inside would suck all the smoke out of the box.   :(
You may be able to relate to this.

I have given up the smoking scene for a shovel and trying to dig through roots to make a trench to get the water out.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

OU812

Man thats gotta suck Gizmo, all we have around here is 3' of snow and snow drifts that will eat a truck then a ice storm last night that brought down allot of tree limbs along with power lines.

Aint this weather great?  ::)

KevinG

Well Gizmo, you can keep it your way if you want, it's getting ready to pound me next. We already got record rain & snow, and the worst is yet to come.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mski

Thanks for the welcome, GEEESSS Gismo I feel!!!

Tenpoint5

I feel for you Giz. I think it will look like that around here in the next couple of days. Just got a fresh 1/2 inch of ice on top of the foot of snow that we had. Now they are telling us to expect an inch of rain on Saturday. Frozen ground melting snow and 1 inch of rain its gonna be a mess.

Giz how big of a project are you doing? Most folks mix their quickcrete in a wheel barrow not in the back yard!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!